Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mindhunter on Netflix [TriguyBlue] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriguyBlue wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
saltman wrote:
***Spoilers***

Good show, clearly intended for a very specific audience. Strange to me they didn't further develop the Kansas ADT characters story any further. They are really slow playing that, in my opinion a little too much. Unless, I missed something the guy isn't even on the FBI radar yet. We don't really know what he has done yet. It's very strange, but I dig the show a lot. Not sure where Holden goes from here.

The K.C. ADT guy is Dennis Rader, the BTK Killer. Rader wasn't caught until 2005. He murdered a bunch of people from the mid 70's to early 90's but was very sporadic with his crimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Rader

Yeah those scenes make more sense once you know whoit is and you realise why those portions are super slow burn.

Yeah I figured out who he was after a couple of episodes, but I could see how it would be confusing if you didn't know who he was. Knowing who he is, you know he's not going to be caught for a very long time.
Quote Reply
Re: Mindhunter on Netflix [ThisIsIt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah the BTK killer stuff is just weird because if you don't know who it is and the backstory it makes absolutely no sense (I had to explain it all to one of my coworkers who never understood any of those scenes). To make matters worse, I think they are going to tease that storyline again in Season 2 as that season is supposed to focus on the Atlanta kid murders in the late 70s-early 80s. I read somewhere that Mindhunter may cover a large period of time over 5 seasons and take us to 2005 when BTK was finally caught.

I
Quote Reply
Re: Mindhunter on Netflix [SkipG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkipG wrote:
Really digging this show, crime drama dealing with the FBI serial crime unit. First episode was a slow start for me but was hooked after episode 2.

Thanks for the headsup, loving this. Subject matter is fascinating.
Quote Reply
Re: Mindhunter on Netflix [sphere] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sphere wrote:
Finished episode 1 last night. The subject matter makes for a promising series, but I haven't seen worse on-screen chemistry between a man and woman since the last Trump-Hillary debate. That bar scene was unwatchable.

Ha ha yeah now that you mention it... do you think they would have been wiser not having a love interest and just focusing on their work?
Quote Reply
Re: Mindhunter on Netflix [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
ThisIsIt wrote:
The GMAN wrote:
zedzded wrote:
SkipG wrote:
Really digging this show, crime drama dealing with the FBI serial crime unit. First episode was a slow start for me but was hooked after episode 2.

Is it fiction?

Yes and no.

I really enjoyed it, the actors playing the serial killers were great from what I have seen on youtube fairly accurate to the actual serial killers.

I will agree with others though the girlfriend of one of the agents (Wendy Carr?) is hard to watch. She's got the weirdest, flat affect. IIRC, he broke up with her at the end of the season, so hopefully she won't be back.

She's Lena Olin, a real looker back in the day (the early 90s, late 80s). She was that one-legged villainess in the 1993 Gary Oldman pic "Romeo is Bleeding." He was a corrupt NYC cop selling tips to the Mafia and is directed by a crime boss to kill Lena Olin's character, Mona Demarkov, a Russian assassin. It bombed at the box office but she and Oldman gave great performances.

I loved Romeo is Bleeding.
Quote Reply

Prev Next