Quote Reply
Re: Dodgers! [yrebetta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone but the Yankees.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this you?

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cheapest nose bleed seat for game 1

$1000. LOL
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yrebetta wrote:
Been waiting for 30 years for this!

Think Blue!

Lets hope the ALCS goes seven games.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Even with that insane payroll I respect the hell out of the Dodgers. They've avoided the big salary busts that many big-market teams have on their payroll, their depth signings have been solid, international signings have been great with Puig and Ryu among others, they've developed from within with Joc, Seager, Urias and Bellinger, which takes patience and trust. They've taken on reclamation projects like Hill and Wood and seen them be wildly successful. They've been aggresive at the deadline without sacrificing the future.

They're what I've always worried about with the Yankees (as a Red Sox fan): not only have the deepest pockets but the smartest management. And while I think the Yankees have solid management they're not running Darvish, Wood and Hill out there to dominate for a reason.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So excited for Chris Taylor - know his family, and they are great people. Virginia Beach native!

My son plays for the same travel team Chris used to play for (the Drillers) - then Chris went on to star at UVA.

What a ride he has had.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: Dodgers! [Brownie28] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh and that weird September run of losses aside, this Dodgers squad is the second best team I've seen in my lifetime, only the '98 Yankees beating them out (apologies to the '01 Mariners but you can't roll over in the playoffs and be considered one of the best ever). They have power bats, a solidly deep offense, great team defense including some fantastic up-the-middle defense (Grandal-Seager-Forsythe-whoever in CF is among the best in baseball). But most importantly they have insanely good pitching. Kershaw obviously, but Wood was an absolute revelation this season. Hill wasn't nearly as dominant as 2016 but still a very good pitcher. Ryu and McCarthy are both solid back-end options, and of course the Darvish trade gave them yet another top arm in the rotation. And they also had one of the best bullpens in baseball, Jansen is consistently awesome, Baez, Fields, Avilan, Morrow, it's a very strong, deep pen with one of the best closers in the game.

Scariest thing: they have Ethier coming off the books, AGon and Kazmir in a year. Kershaw, Turner, Jansen and Hill are all signed through at least 2019 and Wood, Pederson, Bellinger, Seager, Garcia, Hernandez, Baez are all arb-eligible or pre-arb for at LEAST two years. The only FA decisions to make this year are Granderson and Darvish (both probably gone, though they COULD spend the dough on Darvish) and in 2019 McCarthy, Ryu, Forsythe and Grandal are all up--I'd imagine they'd want to lock up Grandal but the rest aren't necessarily guys they need to sign.

This is a team that's set up incredibly well for now AND for the future. Just like the Cubbies they're run very well and look like they'll be a force for at least the next 3-5 years.
Quote Reply
Re: Dodgers! [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Is this you?

Shit, straight outta Boyle Heights.

Quote | Reply
Happy for Dave Roberts, fun team to watch.

"You can never win or lose if you don't run the race." - Richard Butler

Quote Reply
Re: Dodgers! [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jepvb wrote:
So excited for Chris Taylor - know his family, and they are great people. Virginia Beach native!

My son plays for the same travel team Chris used to play for (the Drillers) - then Chris went on to star at UVA.

What a ride he has had.

And Justin Turner played for the Tides in 2009 and 2010.

All I Wanted Was A Pepsi, Just One Pepsi

Team Zoot, Team Zoot Mid-Atlantic

Quote Reply