Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street
Quote | Reply
Not something you see everyday...

https://pilotonline.com/...7f-8848e84f739d.html

Happened a few blocks from where I work.

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [jepvb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unlucky cat.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Then it's time to remove the bald eagle from anything associated with the US. The bird is pure evil.

#catslivesmatter

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cats aren't predators, they are food. Everything likes to eat them.

I live in the country and there are several bald eagle nests nearby. Last year I was working in the yard and I see the neighbor's cat running as fast as a cat can run. He was hugging my fence and looking for cover. Right after he goes past two bald eagles fly right overhead after him, they were low enough they passed under the roofline of my house.

Cat got away that day and made it to shelter. Must have been his ninth life though because he got hit in the road shortly thereafter.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Cats aren't predators, they are food. Everything likes to eat them

Birds and mice everywhere disagree !

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

Hawks, owls, eagles, dogs, coyotes, and lions and tigers and bears do not. :)

I have a little tiny cat that showed up on my doorstep a few years ago. I think a squirrel could take him.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cats are an invasive mesopredator that doesn't have many predators in North America. Their closest native habitat is Africa where there are 7 species of cats. There, felis silvestris is only the 2nd largest cat. They are very much prey.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not gonna lie -- this is my favorite story from October, maybe from all of 2017.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ah, the circle of life. What I find interesting about the video is how graphic it is to see a large bird rip an animal apart with it's beak. It didn't bother me to watch it, but I could see that it would leave some disturbed.

Maybe it's just me, but those images of the eagle tearing the cat apart were more graphic than, say, if a wolf was eating it. Weird.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Never seen an eagle do it, but I've seen more than one hawk snatch a rabbit out of my back yard.
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sausagetail wrote:
Cats are an invasive mesopredator that doesn't have many predators in North America. Their closest native habitat is Africa where there are 7 species of cats. There, felis silvestris is only the 2nd largest cat. They are very much prey.

Feral cats are responsible for the extinction of 39 endemic Hawaiian species.
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Leddy wrote:
Quote:

Hawks, owls, eagles, dogs, coyotes, and lions and tigers and bears do not. :)

And Chinese restaurateurs.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They are expanding their territory again since bouncing back from near extinction. An eagle killed a goose in my dad's back yard. Dad was shocked as he built the house forty years ago and eagles have only seemed to return over the past five years or so. My ex wife lives on Vancouver Island and has two little tiny dogs. Any time she lets them out int the back yard she goes outside with them in fear of the predators from the sky. Doubt if one would try to tackle my 100 lb golden retriever/lab cross however.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not to worry. This cat avenged his bro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnGzYADRmoQ
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I saw a coyote tear apart a goose--it was pretty wild.
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [Sausagetail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sausagetail wrote:

Birds and mice still disagree !

Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Not gonna lie -- this is my favorite story from October, maybe from all of 2017.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
When we first moved into our current house, I saw one take a huge ground hog from a field next to my property. I became very mindful from then on about when my at the time 9 month year old was outside.
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [ECE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ECE wrote:
Never seen an eagle do it, but I've seen more than one hawk snatch a rabbit out of my back yard.

Same here, the scream of a rabbit is probably one of the worst sounds I have ever heard.
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
ECE wrote:

Same here, the scream of a rabbit is probably one of the worst sounds I have ever heard.

It's a hard world for little things...

Freedom just around the corner for you. But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Quote Reply
Re: Bald Eagle Eats Full Grown Cat on City Street [AndysStrongAle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndysStrongAle wrote:
ECE wrote:

Worst sound for me was pig squeals. "Squeal like a stuck pig" is a real thing. I spent a year as a research tech in a university lab whose main project was doing in vivo heart studies on pigs. On days we were doing surgery, my first task of the day was to go into a tile-lined room where a pig had been fasted overnight and stick it in the hind quarters with a large gauge needle filled with ketamine. The sound they made was god-awful and amplified by the echo from the tiles. If (when) I go to hell my torment will be hogs sticking me with needles and then giving me heart attacks over and over to measure cardiac electrophysiology properties.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Animals are pretty cool. If a hawk flies overhead the shadow going across the ground will cause a rabbit to seek cover even a rabbit that has never had a hawk go after it.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply