Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
CPT Chaos wrote:
That is what you get for trying to bridge up to me when I was dropping my mile time down to sub 7 or there about for the remainder of my run!

Good to see you nonetheless, but I was quite shocked when you said you and MM were doing the full 10 mile loop (I thought it was going be 4-5 then coffee for you two!)

JC

Why did you not brow beat him into the Cabos trip?

Agree! We need to get Brendan to Cabo and punch that ticket to Kona!
Quote Reply
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did what I could! Got him a huge discount, offered him a free bed to crash in, and gave him a race plan that I knew would work for his post Kona fitness. He is a dentist, so common sense is not a rational state of mind after all.

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [CPT Chaos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CPT Chaos wrote:
I did what I could! Got him a huge discount, offered him a free bed to crash in, and gave him a race plan that I knew would work for his post Kona fitness. He is a dentist, so common sense is not a rational state of mind after all.

You got it kind of backwards. We agree that he is a dentist and common sense does not apply....given that you should have offered to be his sherpa and he should pay for your flights, hotels, race entry and that he should also pay for your wife to join the trip so that she can be my proxy psycological counsellor for Brendan....then it all makes backwards dentist sense for us normal ex military people (and yes, calling ex military normal is kind of an oxymoron, but I'm going with that) !!!
Quote Reply
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha, I am racing too!

My wife has no time for triathletes and will be at the beach, doing yoga or in a bar the entire time we are racing!

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go." T.S. Elliot | Cycle2Tri.com
Sponsors: SciCon | | Every Man Jack
Quote Reply
Post deleted by CP78 [ In reply to ]
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in the Cabo-as-multiple-IM club, too.

I did IM Switzerland July 30, Couer d' Alene on Aug 27. I felt fine between the two, and basically spent time in between doing two weeks of recovery and two weeks of taper, which had only maybe one week of moderate workouts. My performance at those two races was pretty similar.

Since then, I have picked up my runs a bit because I kept my long runs to a minimum for the entire year. (I did a 50K in the mountains Oct. 14.)

Everything feels good, and the family wanted to go to Mexico because our schools are out that week. So I am pretty sure I'll sign up.

My theory is similar to others here. My fitness is high -- I feel like I will get three IMs under my belt by training for one. It might not be a wise plan, but you only live once and stuff. Plus, I have been measured in my training (followed the Maffetone max heart plan) and have stayed injury free all year.

See you guys there?
Quote Reply
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [clayhathorn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool, ya Clay! I met you in transition at Cda, were on the same schedule minus the 50k. Im going to Cabo for the 3rd Ironman of the year and also my wife appreciates the trip, and treating my Mom. Dont know if you saw they moved the finish line, so the Hyatt Place is right next to it. I booked there, let me know if you do also.
Quote Reply
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Right on, Cody, so awesome you are doing Los Cabos too. I signed up officially today. We are staying in the swanky Palmilla Resort. I think it is close to everything, too (I hope).

Look me up at clayhathorn@gmail or 503-515-8795 if you have the chance. It'd be great to chat!

Also it seems that folks on this forum would like to hear the results of three IMs in four months. I know I am curious as to how it will unfold ...
Quote Reply
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It can be done. I did IM Canada in August of 2015, then did Kona in October, then IMAZ 5 weeks later and set an IM PR (10 minutes faster over the IMAZ course from 5 years earlier). Then also did Kona in 2016 and IMFL 4 weeks later (along with three others in my AG who had done Kona). No PR this time, but I did KQ (didn't take the slot though - needed a break this year). I'm 60+.

The first week after is just pure recovery. Second week is just getting the body moving again. Third week you can actually train a bit, and then you're back to race week taper! I did notice the 4 week turnaround more than the 5 week turnaround though.
Quote Reply
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [wylie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you end up racing?

Let food be thy medicine...
Quote Reply
Re: 2 IM in 4 weeks, STUPID! [JackStraw13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 in 4 weeks? pah... :)
Quote Reply

Prev Next