Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spacers: Steerer v Arm Pad
Quote | Reply
I am installing the new Aeria Ultimate stem/bars, which have a slightly lower stack than my previous setup. I am trying to figure out where I want to make up the difference.

Is there any more to it than finding the right X and Y and how high I want the pursuit bars?

If this point has already been written to death, I would truly appreciate any links to it. I am just having trouble finding it. I was able to find a 2012 string which I read to say: Rinard says for a Cervelo rider (which I am) generally, it does not matter and Rappstar says there generally is more to it. I apologize to all if that is innacurate or an oversimplification.

Link: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...or_spacers_P3839893/
Quote Reply
Re: Spacers: Steerer v Arm Pad [Elktonkool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How often do you ride in the pursuit position and how often are you in aero? Is a pursuit position that is slightly too low acceptable to you? If so, your best course of action is to adjust your pad y with spacers under the arm cups.
Quote Reply
Re: Spacers: Steerer v Arm Pad [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not in pursuit enough that 1 or 2 cm would make much of a difference. But if it really doesn't matter for purposes of stability I would probably get rid of existing steerer spacers and opt for more arm pad.
Quote Reply