Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best value swim jammers?
Quote | Reply
After just 4 months my Nike jammers are sagging like crazy. I need to get some new ones but don't want to waste my money.

What's the best value out there? Which brand lasts longest in the pool chemicals at the best price?

NO
Quote Reply
Re: Best value swim jammers? [Alabama Viking] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Roka Elite HD jammers https://www.roka.com/...?variant=29460330433

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Sep 20, 17 6:02
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Its all about the material.....PBT is what will hold up for a year. I think each brand may call a little different....swimoutlet is great
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedo Endurance+, I never wore out a pair in the 2-3 years I used them and was swimming 2-3x per week.
Quote Reply
Re: Best value swim jammers? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And you get a discount with your USAT membership!

+1

BryanD wrote:
Roka Elite HD jammers https://www.roka.com/...?variant=29460330433
Quote Reply
Re: Best value swim jammers? [iruntrails] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
iruntrails wrote:
Speedo Endurance+, I never wore out a pair in the 2-3 years I used them and was swimming 2-3x per week.

This. I tried Tyr's equivalent too, but keep going back to the Speedo ones.

I snagged a couple of pairs at an Izod factory outlet store for $11 apiece a couple of years ago and the first pair is still going strong, swimming 2x/week in that time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There's usually a sale rack at the swim shops around me. I just grab the $20 dollar pair that is the thickest. Had one Zoot pair that was nice for about 2 months, then was see-through. I actually think the name brand of the ones I've been wearing lately is Endurance. But I can't seem to find anything online with that name.
Quote Reply
Re: Best value swim jammers? [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
iruntrails wrote:

This. I tried Tyr's equivalent too, but keep going back to the Speedo ones.

I snagged a couple of pairs at an Izod factory outlet store for $11 apiece a couple of years ago and the first pair is still going strong, swimming 2x/week in that time.

For jammers I like the speedo endurance as well.

I have the TYR Durafast brief that I've used since last December that is doing quite well too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endurance+. They're awesome.

But style points dictate briefs, not jammers.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I bought a couple pairs of Orca (the $50 models) from Ebay for about half price each. I've had them for over 2 yrs with no signs of wear. Honestly, I don't wash them unless I leave them in the car and they dry, there. I don't rinse them out, either. I keep thinking they'll eventually deteriorate........but, they're not.
Quote Reply
Re: Best value swim jammers? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto the Speedo Endurance jammers. I track mine in Garmin, and I usually get at least 30,000 meters out of them before they start to sag.
_______

Edit for moron math: I do not get 30,000 meters out of my jammers. I get about 200,000 meters out of them.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Sep 20, 17 7:19
Quote Reply
Re: Best value swim jammers? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's like 2 weeks of swimming for me.,

you sure you didn't mean 300,000m?

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've tried many but have found that TYR hold up the best to constant chlorine abuse.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Roka been wearing same pair all 2017, swim 10k a week.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doh, I am not sure what happened to my math and my brain. I get about 120 miles out of my jammers. I tried to get uppity and convert that to meters. But instead, I must have mis-keyed and not paid attention to what I wrote. So yep, I get around 200 KM out of my jammers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speedo Endurance. I recently picked up some Speedo Powerflex Briefs and the fabric is holding up great but they've lost a lot of color in about two months of swimming. That's around 80,000 to 85,000 yards, which isn't much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JasoninHalifax wrote:
That's like 2 weeks of swimming for me.,

you sure you didn't mean 300,000m?

+1

Yeah, thats like 9-12 swims sessions for me. I am currently in a pair of Nike's off of the sale rack. They suck pretty badly. I was in some speedo jammers before them and they sagged and faded a year of light use. I am going to be going with the roka's next.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alabama Viking wrote:
After just 4 months my Nike jammers are sagging like crazy. I need to get some new ones but don't want to waste my money.

What's the best value out there? Which brand lasts longest in the pool chemicals at the best price?
\

Xwhatever on Speedo Endurance+. That really is the gold standard for standing up to chlorine. I had some early edition Aquasphere MP suits that were terrible, but they went back to the drawing board and my second set of suits that are holding up much better. I have always found the suits from Speedo and TYR to be pretty boring. I'm not much of a flare person in general but I like a little flare swimming for some reason.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Best value swim jammers? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been wearing these since September 2016. They come in a jammer too, but jammers suck. :-)

No idea how many metres are on them, but I've typically been in the pool 2-3x per week for most of that time period, other than a couple of forced breaks. The fabric isn't faded at all.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Re: Best value swim jammers? [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
Ditto the Speedo Endurance jammers. I track mine in Garmin, and I usually get at least 30,000 meters out of them before they start to sag.
_______

Edit for moron math: I do not get 30,000 meters out of my jammers. I get about 200,000 meters out of them.

I find that the seams wear out before the fabric. My last failure, I squatted down to pick up my fins and heard a rip and felt a breeze. Luckily there was no one behind me, or they might have never recovered.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funky Trunks, if you can find them. I've had the same pair for two-three years and they were barely sagging when I got rid of them, even while wearing them for eight sessions/30,000m a week. Must have swum over 1000km in that time (my back of envelope maths is giving me roughly 3000km for the period). Amazing pieces of kit

Disclaimer: Not a triathlete anymore, just a fish
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had good luck with Arena MaxLife jammers. Tried a few less expensive jammers from TYR and Speedo, but they never lasted nearly as long.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: Best value swim jammers? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
Alabama Viking wrote:

\

Xwhatever on Speedo Endurance+. That really is the gold standard for standing up to chlorine. I had some early edition Aquasphere MP suits that were terrible, but they went back to the drawing board and my second set of suits that are holding up much better. I have always found the suits from Speedo and TYR to be pretty boring. I'm not much of a flare person in general but I like a little flare swimming for some reason.

We did try a new fabric for the first run of MP suits that had poor endurance and that went away. We went back to a tried and true 53%/47% Poly/ PBT blend. This is a 100% polyester material that lasts a long time.

Definitely worth a try! Very comfortable suits.

We have prints that are quarterly, meaning we have 3-4 updated prints every 3 months. Here are the current options in a 5" brief, 3" brief, and Jammers:
MP Prints

We also have solids, splices, and a few more prints in our team line: 3" briefs and Jammers
MP Team Suits

jake

Get outside!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And with briefs you can simply wear one over the other as they fade, tear & sag...instant drag suit.

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply