Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Recommended daytime bike lights [FranzZemen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FranzZemen wrote:
One thing I noticed is that I get honked at a lot more since I put lights on. I'd rather have motorists annoyed at me (and avoiding me) than not realizing I'm there.

Wow, I can't say I have heard that before. Weirdos. I think the only time I have honked at a cyclist was when a middle aged man burst off an adjacent bike path and into an intersection with his middle finger in the air when he wasn't even close to having the right of way. It was like he knew he was absolutely in the wrong and came out fighting.

I 100% agree with your statement though about preferring to be annoying than unseen.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommended daytime bike lights [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dangle wrote:
FranzZemen wrote:
One thing I noticed is that I get honked at a lot more since I put lights on. I'd rather have motorists annoyed at me (and avoiding me) than not realizing I'm there.

Wow, I can't say I have heard that before. Weirdos. I think the only time I have honked at a cyclist was when a middle aged man burst off an adjacent bike path and into an intersection with his middle finger in the air when he wasn't even close to having the right of way. It was like he knew he was absolutely in the wrong and came out fighting.

I 100% agree with your statement though about preferring to be annoying than unseen.

I know I'm taking this off topic but here in DFW the amount of honking you get literally depends on the part of town you are in and the time of day. For example, the further west you go (into the countryside) from the metroplex the more courteous the drivers. Rush hour drivers can't stand cyclists, maybe for good reason.
Quote Reply
Re: Recommended daytime bike lights [SummitAK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dinotte is an... odd company. When I did my first batch of light reviews for safety, they were the only company I contacted that had no real interest in supporting the reviews. Which was super odd because they are huge proponents of daytime running lights with their amber line.

They're also not particularly good about replying to emails. And, of course, their lights have this sort of quasi-retro vibe. Like, when you pick them up you they don't strike you are being premium - unlike say a Lupine - and yet mine have been bulletproof; the build quality is phenomenal; and they are bright as anything. Battery quality is likewise extremely good.

Dinotte makes the best product you've never heard of. And they seem to like it that way. Typical New Hampshire folk is all I can say. They make 'em different in that part of the world.

They understandably have a cult following, and that seems to be enough for them. So, from that standpoint, I imagine they view the world of aero bikes as anathema. I wouldn't expect an updated mounting system any time soon...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply

Prev Next