Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What bike set up will be fastest at the World Championship TT Bergen?? [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
grumpier.mike wrote:
Dbeitel wrote:
I understand why guys like tony martin are pissed !!!!

I have to agree. It is a little sad that bike racing is spending so much effort to accomadate the climbers. They have almost eliminated ITT and TTT from the grand tours and even then it is really rare for a pure climber to win a grand tour. Pantani, Quintana, and Aru are the only 3 that come to mind and it is not like Quintana and Aru aren't at least respectable TTers

A big change from the old days when a 100k TTT was reasonably common in pro cycling.

Course for 2018 looks to have a similar hill. 350m in 4ish km. But it falls in the middle so I doubt there will be a call for bike changes.

Hopefully Dumoulin has managed to confirm what we knew on ST....that the TT bike does not slow you up going uphill if you've actually trained to climb on one....and it is faster on the downhill. Weight should be a none issue. Weight limit is 6.8 kilos, and MTM hit 7.7. I am sure if you want you can up with a build that is 6.8 kilos with a disk and deep front wheel.
Quote Reply
Re: What bike set up will be fastest at the World Championship TT Bergen?? [LifeTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LifeTri wrote:

Is there a specific technique for climbing while on a TT bike? I just raced a very hilly triathlon on a Giant Trinity and was struggling on the climbs. I am doing Raleigh 70.3 next year as well...and looking at the map...it seems to have some elevation to it.

Yes. The "specific technique" is making sure you have low enough gears...seriously.

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: What bike set up will be fastest at the World Championship TT Bergen?? [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
.....Weight should be a none issue. Weight limit is 6.8 kilos, and MTM hit 7.7. I am sure if you want you can up with a build that is 6.8 kilos with a disk and deep front wheel.

That's the funny thing....MTM was using a Lightweight disc (i.e. one of the lightest available), and a dash combo seat/seatpost. Sure the Hed front wheel isn't the lightest thing, but it's not terrible. Tririg front brake instead of maguras....How do you suggest MTM get rid of .9 kilo if he wanted to? He is already using some pretty high zoot parts.
Quote Reply

Prev Next