Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Typical Texas Weather in April
Quote | Reply
What is the weather typically at the end of April in the woodlands?
I am debating racing IMTX but coming from the northeast I need to decide if Ill be able to prepare for the temp and humidity.
Also water temp? the Ironman website says 74-91 degrees is typical. a 17 degree range is a bit broad.
Quote Reply
Re: Typical Texas Weather in April [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually warm (but not as hot as old May date), humid (again, not quite as much) and windy (more than the May date). This year was unusually cool though for the April race and folks had a great day.
Quote Reply
Re: Typical Texas Weather in April [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does warm mean 70s? 80s? 90s?
Quote Reply
Re: Typical Texas Weather in April [JustTooFarr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JustTooFarr wrote:
Does warm mean 70s? 80s? 90s?

I would say low to mid 80's for highs would be the expected norm. Race day next year is almost a week later than this year. High temp on April 28th this year was 91 but average high is 80.

Race day this year was weird as hell. I was out spectating and I was freakin' cold later in the day. Great, great race weather but I heard the wind towards the end of the bike was real tough for some people.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Aug 22, 17 19:14
Quote Reply
Re: Typical Texas Weather in April [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would agree that it's low to mid 80s as a high. Maybe have thise crazy times where it spikes higher, but its not going to be that humid, nasty heat that is soul crushing.

I spectated this year too. Went to eat near the finish with the family and wore shorts. Froze my butt off. I was the one who insisted we went watch and I was asking to leave, haha.

That's maybe the only drawback as far as the unpredictability of it at that time. I'd be more concerned of a slight cool front than hitting the record highs.
Quote Reply