Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone use a Tomtom runner GPS watch?
Quote | Reply
Read the DCrainmaker review, and I'm thinking of picking one up, found it on Amazon for CAD$120 plus tax. How do you like it?

Any alternatives that would be better? I think I'd prefer the tomtom to the garmin FR15 (thinner, quicker satellite acquisition, and a bit less $).

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Tomtom runner GPS watch? [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had an older version of it. The UI was pretty simple with everything based off the rocker button (probably easier to use than garmins 4 separate buttons). I didn't really love the way the watch and the band were separate pieces. The GPS on mine was really slow to catch a signal - but like I said it was an older version.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been very happy with mine so far (1 year). The only issue I have with it is that as of the last few weeks I cannot get the light to come on while I am running. I am not sure if this has something to do with my fingers being sweaty while using the touchscreen button.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've bought one to my sister's birthday. The model was the Spark 3 Cardio.
She is loving it. I gave it a try and liked it. The GPS signal was awesome, liked the screen, user interface etc. My daily watch is a 920xt.
The only thing is the Wrist HR is not as good as the chest HR, but it works ok.
Never used the FR15 to compare.
I recommend it...
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Tomtom runner GPS watch? [y_nigel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The one I'm looking at is the older one. if i like it, I'd look at getting a higher end version in a year or 2, (music and a bike mode would be nice) but I haven't used a GPS watch in several years, since my 305 died. This looks like it does everything that the 305 did, in a smaller thinner package.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the TomTom Runner Cardio (pulse in the wrist strap). It's been great for me and offers anything I'd want for run details and then some. Not longing to replace it anytime soon. Battery is good for multiple runs (like a week in the 25-30 mile range between charges). Pretty intuitive. Some days the GSP link up takes seconds... other times is takes 30-45 seconds.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wife has the Spark Cardio Music, which is an older model, but she's pretty fed up with it. The GPS acquiring takes anywhere from 4-5 seconds to 4-5 minutes, and using quickGPS doesn't seem to make much difference. Swimming was pretty hit and miss, quite a few more mistakes than my Garmin 735xt, but she hasn't tried swimming with it in over a year, so maybe it's gotten better.

TomTom updates their desktop software pretty often, not normally a bad thing, except they force you to update before you can sync, which means you have to update the software before you can update QuickGPS. That's not fun when you are ready to walk out the door for your run. I don't know if it will update quickGPS over bluetooth/app.
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone use a Tomtom runner GPS watch? [bufordt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why do they have to make this stuff so complicated. the version I was looking at didn't have the optical HR sensor, which is something that I do want. hate the feeling of the chest strap, and they always slip on me.

Favourite Swim Sets:

Quote Reply