Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cataract Surgery - Sweat now burning eyes
Quote | Reply
I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the following. I'm a relatively light "sweater" with very little salt residue. Previous to cataract surgery, I never had problems with sweat burning my eyes. It's so bad, that I almost have to stop. I never had this problem before, but now after having both eyes done. Ouch.

I guess I'll have to try a headband.

Larry
Quote Reply
Re: Cataract Surgery - Sweat now burning eyes [LTomie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How long ago did you have surgery?
Quote Reply
Re: Cataract Surgery - Sweat now burning eyes [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
treyedr wrote:
How long ago did you have surgery?

I'm 37, I had cataract surgery for my right eye, I don't issues with sweat. When I ride I have a headsweats cap that I put over my helmet, when I run its always with a visor or hat. No issues.
Quote Reply
Re: Cataract Surgery - Sweat now burning eyes [treyedr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The right eye was done in spring of 2014, I first noticed the burning in October when I was suffering through the Ventoux Cingles Challenge. I then had the left eye done in November of 2014. No major cycling events until Marmotte in 2016. Both eyes just burning like acid. Previous to the cataract surgeries I had done a lot of cycling, never a problem.

Just had a check up my eye doctor, eyes are fine. No way could the surgery be causing this. So I guess I have to accept that the body changes and I'll try some of the headband suggestions.

Thanks Everybody
Quote Reply
Re: Cataract Surgery - Sweat now burning eyes [LTomie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sent you a PM
Quote Reply