Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMCHOO hotel within walking distance or VRBO/AirBnB a little further out
Quote | Reply
I've done IMMT twice and being able to have our friends bring our gear back to the hotel while we were on the run was awesome (because we stayed in the village).

Sounds like IMCHOO has plenty of parking if we stayed further out - but I wouldn't put a bike on the car until we were ready to leave.

Any thoughts/experience on this would be appreciated :)

Thanks.
Last edited by: MtnBikerChk: Aug 22, 17 7:23
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO hotel within walking distance or VRBO/AirBnB a little further out [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look at a map of the area. Courtyard and Residence Inn are a block away from everything. Anything in that area will suit your needs.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO hotel within walking distance or VRBO/AirBnB a little further out [MtnBikerChk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MtnBikerChk wrote:
Any thoughts/experience on this would be appreciated :)

Thanks.

I've done Chattanooga both ways. It really depends on what you are focused on for the weekend.

We rented a house outside of town the first time. I was more focused on the race (the full), and wanted more home cooked meals. It was not big deal for the family, as they went to see the sights, and there was plenty for them to do downtown while I raced.

I've done the 70.3 the last couple of years and stayed right there within walking distance of everything. I did enjoy the weekend more, going to restaurants and being able to meet up with people. So I'm staying downtown again for Worlds. It will be easier for the wife on race day.

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO hotel within walking distance or VRBO/AirBnB a little further out [Runner Rick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Runner Rick wrote:
So I'm staying downtown again for Worlds. It will be easier for the wife on race day.

This.

The first thing my wife asks is how close are we staying to the race. And if I can get her walking distance to good restaurants, even better as we are both foodies.

I'll be at the doubletree for worlds.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've gone back and forth with the same question. I had hotels booked downtown but eventually let them go in favor of a ABnB in the North Shore area. Since I have not done it yet, I can't say it was the right decision or not, but my thinking was: can cook my own meals, parking downtown in Choo is supposed to be cheap/easy, I have a support crew in town with me that has a car so they can take one car downtown at their leisure, the house is very close to the run course, during those hard miles toward the middle/end of the day. I also saved about 50% over what my hotel was going to cost me, and I have access to a kitchen/microwave/fridge, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO hotel within walking distance or VRBO/AirBnB a little further out [dprocket] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

Guess I'm not the only one thinking about it :)

FWIW We would get a hotel with a kitchen because we like to cook our own food for the 2 days before the race too. After that I'd like to hit some local places.
Last edited by: MtnBikerChk: Aug 22, 17 10:29
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO hotel within walking distance or VRBO/AirBnB a little further out [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Runner Rick wrote:
So I'm staying downtown again for Worlds. It will be easier for the wife on race day.

This.

The first thing my wife asks is how close are we staying to the race. And if I can get her walking distance to good restaurants, even better as we are both foodies.

I'll be at the doubletree for worlds.

Have you checked out St. John's Restaurant downtown? It's one of the reasons I want to keep going back to race in Chattanooga.
Quote Reply
Re: IMCHOO hotel within walking distance or VRBO/AirBnB a little further out [Iron Dukie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not. I've never been to chatt. We will def check it out while we are there. Thanks for the recommendation.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm staying about 3 miles from transition and hopefully my family can scoot back and forth on bicycles, or maybe we'll get brave and bring the golf cart. Wish we had a loft or something right in downtown, but those spots fill up really fast.
Quote Reply