Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [ironmuffin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Booze store. A 6pk or 12 pk helps with recovery.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
If you are eating turmeric, you should be adding a bit of black pepper to it.

Gaia Golden Milk
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [srschick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
srschick wrote:
all of you that eschew multi-vitamins etc in favor of real food, how do you feel about the "powdered greens/superfood" type supplements, that's derived from natural ingredients?
such as this: http://a.co/gdokk4s

I abhor vegetables, so I mix spirulina, chlorella, and kelp powder all up in some juice and swallow it whole. Also add turmeric and capsaicin and magnesium powders when bothered.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
What's wrong with just eating green vegetables? Why process it to a powder (often removes natural enzymes), pay more for it and then eat it. It just doesn't make sense but hey, if it floats your boat then go for it.

Because they taste nasty, have to be bought often and repeatedly to keep fresh, have to be prepared and cooked, etc., etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [srschick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
srschick wrote:
all of you that eschew multi-vitamins etc in favor of real food, how do you feel about the "powdered greens/superfood" type supplements, that's derived from natural ingredients?
such as this: http://a.co/gdokk4s

Ridiculous.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [rubik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Turmeric needs black pepper for the best effect.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The responses in this thread are typical ST. No one has a clue with the exception of Thomas Gerlach.
A small amount of scientific research can conclude that there are many legal supplements that can give a significant advantage ...bordering on the benefit of many illegal substances. Bulksupplements which Thomas Gerlach mentioned has many of them.
You will need to do the research.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [Bernoullitrial] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like a spicy eggplant or maybe some Sweet 100 tomatoes picked from the backyard for a snack.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is a so-called "Köllner Liste" (in German) which lists brands which have been tested for contamination (with doping relevant residues). It appears that packaging is expensive and this is often done by third parties (who package all kind of drugs) which are not controlled by the manufacturer of the product which is packaged.
Often these products on the "Köllner Liste" are a bit more expensive (like Powerbar) but I think it's worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jimatbeyond wrote:
Turmeric needs black pepper for the best effect.

Yep! Also helps with the taste a bit, in my opinion.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I have been moving more and more to bulksupplements via Amazon.

Thanks for this tip and link. First time I have heard of this and a lot of items listed. I see several things that interests me.
I typically purchase from either Amazon using prime free shipping or buy local at the Vitamin Shoppe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only one I have been taking regularly is Salt Stick. Prior to starting my swim workouts would end when I started cramping and I got lots of micro twitches in my legs after runs. Since starting the Salt Sticks both issues have gone away. I just down a couple before my workouts since I'm focused on Sprint distance right now so don't need to take them throughout the workout.

I bought my current bottle at the LBS, but will probably look at Amazon in the future.
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [Felt_Rider] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Felt_Rider wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

I have been moving more and more to bulksupplements via Amazon.

Thanks for this tip and link. First time I have heard of this and a lot of items listed. I see several things that interests me.
I typically purchase from either Amazon using prime free shipping or buy local at the Vitamin Shoppe.

I find the sweet spot to buy somewhere around 500grams to 1 kg. Obviously I want it to be fresh as well. I'll put it in a Ziplock freezer bag as an extra source of protection. Definitely good prices if you are a DIYer type of person and don't mind scooping things.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [Exige] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exige wrote:
I take a fiber gummy because I eat so much shit after I train half the time I cant shit.

Ah ... the ol' "Booty Lock"

"What's your claim?" - Ben Gravy
"Your best work is the work you're excited about" - Rick Rubin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of all or nothing replies. From supplements/vitamins are worthless to they are nearly as good as banned substances - neither is true.

Should you try to eat a healthy diet, which will provide you with lots of nutrients? Sure. But supplements can be a practical solution, and are no worse. For example I don't like fish, why force feed myself something I don't enjoy when I can just take a fish oil tablet each morning to get a sufficiently high dose of omega fatty acids?

I use whey protein powder because it's so convenient and a fantastic source of protein.

I use glucose and fructose powders to make my carbohydrate drinks. Of course I could (and do) eat solids too, but liquid carbs are convenient and just as good for performance.

For people living in places with harsh winters vitamin D supplementation is often necessary as they are not getting enough sunlight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've taken Athletic Greens for years
Last edited by: tamiii: Oct 23, 21 10:17
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [tamiii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
All Star Health
Quote Reply
Re: Where do you buy your Supplements/Vitamins? [Jamie73] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I get most of my supplements from a locally sourced guy. He runs an “authentic Mexican food truck”, which coincidentally happens to sell my favorite food: offal burritos from uncastrated boars. They are delicious, smell nice, super appetizing. Sometimes he sells me “Spanish steaks” which have really improved my asthma, strangely enough.
Quote Reply

Prev Next