Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wheel advise
Quote | Reply
1st I purchased a Profile Design 78 twenty-four wheelset. Then I was able to pick up a HED Jet Disk plus, and just recently I came across a H3+ front wheel at a good discount.
Here's where I'm at, I love the Profiles. They feel a bit faster when just out riding around in the hills where I live. However, switching pads has become a pain when I want to ride the Hed H3/Disk. My original plan was to just race on the Heds but I just plain enjoy rolling that H3. What would I loose (other than $$$) or gain by selling the Profiles and buying a H3+ rear? Who would or or wouldn't?
Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel advise [New3901] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Why not rock the h3 up front and the disc in the rear? Or just use a cheap training wheel for front and back that are aluminum then use the heds and race wheels?

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Last edited by: mknight84: Aug 19, 17 17:53
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
New3901 wrote:
1st I purchased a Profile Design 78 twenty-four wheelset. Then I was able to pick up a HED Jet Disk plus, and just recently I came across a H3+ front wheel at a good discount.
Here's where I'm at, I love the Profiles. They feel a bit faster when just out riding around in the hills where I live. However, switching pads has become a pain when I want to ride the Hed H3/Disk. My original plan was to just race on the Heds but I just plain enjoy rolling that H3. What would I loose (other than $$$) or gain by selling the Profiles and buying a H3+ rear? Who would or or wouldn't?
Thanks

You should NOT be able to detect any differences in speed from aero wheels it is all too close unless you are actually Chunging. Switching pads is a pain in the butt. The benefits of going with the H3 is all your rims are are the same width so not only do the pads NOT need to be switched but you don't need to let out or take in the brakes either. The H3+ is a solid feeling wheel, my guess is you really like the wide internal rim which really grows the tires and needs much fewer PSI. With that, the JET 6+ is much nicer for everyday riding and it is about 200 grams lighter too per wheel. I assume you saw the HED JET 6+ deal that was going on, it is now killed, but I had a ST thread up on it here in case you missed it. You can certainly go with an H3+ rear, but if I had my choice it would be HET JET 6+, or JET 6+/9+.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Wheel advise [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed on the speed of aero wheels but perception is just that. I did read the Jet6 thread but I'm happy enough with my 78's. The only switch I'm half way considering would be riding/training on H3+ front and rear and then swap out for the disk on race days.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The nice thing about your plan is that you can use a slightly more durable tire for training. No point in burning up a really nice tire for training purposes and the H3+ is pretty cool looking, though there are more productive ways to spend that money, like an ERO seesion.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

The perfect wheel is so important for the comfortable riding. As I know, there is a lot of difference between road & mountain bicycle wheel. I was looking for low budget mountain bicycle wheel for my MTB. I get some wheel name from online.

here is this list:
1. DT Swiss XM 1501 Wheel
2.TRS Race Carbon Wheel
3. Easton Haven Front Wheel
4. Forté Terramax Front Wheel
5.NOBL TR33 Wheel
Which will better for me. Did you ever use those? I am looking for real user reviews. Thank you for the thread. I will come back to see the update. Thanks in advance.

Quote Reply