Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yea that last one was definitely tongue in cheek
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
yea that last one was definitely tongue in cheek

how many points for jens' carpet in his morf bar thread ?
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [pk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that heinous rug is far from the main concern in those pics
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
But it really tied the room together
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am very interested to see if I gained that lost point you took from me on my last pic when I had the Wattie Ink kit...

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anthony Costes aero egg. .. Noone beats that
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
Well got a few decent pics from a race. My head needs to stop sticking up like a damn fool and need/want a bit more reach but still finding solutions for this integrated stem.[/img][/img]

+ 1 for appearing to have purchased your race photos instead of stealing them
+ 1 for non lame kit
- .5 for shorts that are too short
- .5 for "look at me" shoes
+.5 for going fast enough such that you have to look where you're going
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
jrielley wrote:
Well got a few decent pics from a race. My head needs to stop sticking up like a damn fool and need/want a bit more reach but still finding solutions for this integrated stem.[/img][/img]

+ 1 for appearing to have purchased your race photos instead of stealing them well technically I paid for them with my race entry...
+ 1 for non lame kit a custom kit is always the way to go now!
- .5 for shorts that are too short too short?! Tan lines are dumb! That way when I swim in my speedo there aren’t as many super pasty inches of leg
- .5 for "look at me" shoes ill give you that one. But they were the only color on sale...
+.5 for going fast enough such that you have to look where you're going if only I wasn’t looking ahead to someone ahead of me...

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:

-2 for the high head position in the first photo. That is probably your biggest potential improvement.
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've since gotten a new saddle and raised it about 2-3cm with better hip rotation so even more aggressive now but no pics of it in action yet. This is my 70.3 fit. I wouldn't be able to hold it for a full but no plans on that distance for a year at least. Certainly not the best position on slowtwitch but still improving. Stay tuned for pics from Indian Wells 70.3

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Last edited by: realbdeal: Oct 24, 18 21:20
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why couldn't you hold this for a full?

Eric

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll toss my fit out there,not bad for a old guy ;-)

Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [grumpier.mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Totally agree. That head is way too damn high! Hopefully it’s because it was one of the few times I had to look up for a turn or something. But either way need to practice keeping it down.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It appears to me that if you put your head lower you wouldn't be able to see down the road.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
James would you mind posting a pic of your position again? A++ if I remember correctly. It's a very good example...

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can test it out but the good thing with that visor is it does give good field of vision when looking down. But the good thing is I have a LONG winter ahead of me to do all sorts of tests!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It usually comes down to neck strain but with my new position I feel much more natural and am doing all my trainer rides in aero now. My "current" FTP of 308w was set through a 20min test with about 6 minutes in aero and 14 minutes sitting up. I recently did a 3x30min workout @ 262, 277, 290 for each 30min, completely in aero which I think shows huge improvement for my power output in aero. Here are some videos I just took of the slightly modified position:

Last edited by: realbdeal: Oct 25, 18 8:42
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you raised your saddle "2-3cm" from the position in this picture?

ETA - now I see you've since posted video of updated position.
Last edited by: jkhayc: Oct 25, 18 8:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well I raised the seatpost, so to be fair thats not the same thing with a new saddle. Looking at these videos it doesnt seem way different but its way more comfortable.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What length crank?
Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wanted to bump this and see if Anyone wanted to add anything new this yr.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the longer the race the lower you should go.

Fishbum wrote:

Quote Reply
Re: What slowtwitcher has the best long course bike position [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:

Fishbum wrote:

Whaaaaaaat??!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
or, the lower % of your FTP that you're riding at the lower you should go, and the longer you're out there on the course the more aerodynamics matters. Leave no stone unturned.

Fishbum wrote:
ericMPro wrote:

Fishbum wrote:

Whaaaaaaat??!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Same position, all new gear.

Photo cred to Scott Flathouse!

Quote Reply

Prev Next