Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

More praise for FLO Cycling/wheels
Quote | Reply
Was on one of my final training rides for IMLP on Tuesday afternoon this week and broke a spoke on my deep front *gasp* Chinese wheel. Big time panic! Was up north in New Hampshire and couldn't find a bike shop that could replace the aero spoke in 2 days (was leaving for Lake Placid Thursday). Wasn't convinced I wanted a new wheel at this time so called Race Day Wheels and they were polite but told me they were sold out. Next I called FLO Cycling (http://www.flocycling.com/) and got Jon (owner) on the phone, first try. He took the time to talk with me, told me what was in stock, empathized with my situation, and offered that he could arrange to have the wheel shipped to my hotel in LP. He instructed me to simply go on line, order the wheel and explain in the comments the details of our conversation. He explained that the wheel would be coming from Michigan and given that it was now late Tuesday afternoon, it should be to LP by Friday, early Saturday at the latest. I thanked him profusely for his help and proceeded to order the wheel. Needless to say I was a bit nervous about the Friday arrival date, but what can you do?

I arrived at the hotel late yesterday afternoon (Thursday) and THE FLO WHEEL HAD ALREADY ARRIVED !!!! (http://www.flocycling.com/). Jon had arranged for overnight shipping. Just because he's a good guy (and obviously a good business man). So a big thanks to Jon and FLO. Took the wheel for a ride this morning and maybe it's just me, but I felt smoother and faster. And even if that's not true, I am definitely more confident knowing I'm on a legitimate, high-quality wheel and not a Chinese wheel.

I realize that this is nothing new for those familiar with FLO wheels, but I had to share. I will not be buying any other brand of after-market wheel.

Thank you Jon, Chris and everyone else at FLO,
Adam Silverman
West Hartford, CT
Quote Reply
Re: More praise for FLO Cycling/wheels [Asilverm1970] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great news. I flatted eight miles from the end of my training ride. I C02 unit failed and I ended riding on my flat tire and FLO 30 front wheel for eight miles. Yes I rode a slow 5-8 mph under this condition.
Quote Reply
Re: More praise for FLO Cycling/wheels [Asilverm1970] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jon and chris have class.

Best of luck at IMLP
Quote Reply
Re: More praise for FLO Cycling/wheels [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!

and bump ;)
Quote Reply