Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Endless Pools and Garmin Question
Quote | Reply
Wondering what you guys swimming in endless pools are doing for Garmin Workouts. There is no timed swim option. I created a timed rowing workout and just changed it in Training peaks.
Have any of y'all found a better option for endless pools? Is there any way to set timed intervals? Only intervals
I have found are for distance.

Last edited by: Etexag: Jul 20, 17 18:42
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pools and Garmin Question [Etexag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't time my EP swims with my Garmin. I do look under "My Day" in Garmin Connect and it will give me the total time in the pool. It does not show up until a few hours later. Then, I manually enter my swims.

I like your rowing tip!
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pools and Garmin Question [Etexag] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello from Endless Pools!

We now have an app called Fit@Home that allows you to create and save interval workouts. Unless your pool is brand new, you'll need to contact our Customer Service team to discuss adapting your pool's control panel with our new WiFi card so it's compatible with the Fit@Home app.

You can reach us at 800-910-2714.

Thanks for asking!
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pools and Garmin Question [endlesspools] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. Just hoping to incorporate everything into my Garmin Fenix watch workouts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does this app work with the Endless Pool Fastlane too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm also interested to know if the app will work with a Fastlane. I'm seriously considering getting one this fall.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any chance you could produce a Garmin Connect IQ app/custom activity app for Garmin devices to record swims on the watch?
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pools and Garmin Question [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the Endless Pools Fit@Home app does work with the Fastlane, if you request the WiFi card when you order. Apologies for the delay in responding; I didn't see any notification of thread activity until today.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pools and Garmin Question [77mikec] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are aware of the demand for Garmin compatibility. Unfortunately, it's not on the short-term slate for our R&D team.
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pools and Garmin Question [triwarrior] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, the app is compatible with the Fastlane; be sure to ask for that when you order. My apologies for not seeing your question until just now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endlesspools wrote:
Hello from Endless Pools!

We now have an app called Fit@Home that allows you to create and save interval workouts. Unless your pool is brand new, you'll need to contact our Customer Service team to discuss adapting your pool's control panel with our new WiFi card so it's compatible with the Fit@Home app.

You can reach us at 800-910-2714.

Thanks for asking!

The fit@home app (that controls the current) principle is great, and has a lot of potential, but the app is not very 'userfriendly' (to put it mildly). Programming a interval session is not really possible. Some examples that (in my view) really should be improved to cover the basics:
  1. Only 20 intervals are supported, and rest is counted as a separate interval, so that's only 10 intervals. That maybe covers the warming up, but not a serious workout;
  2. No option to group a set of intervals, so 5x50's (10 sec rest) counts as 10 intervals;
  3. No connectivity to other apps such as training peaks or garmin connect;
  4. missing the abilty to upload structured workout from other apps (programming a serious training in the fit@home app - if possible - takes a while);
  5. etc

given the price of the machine the app is under par. It has potential to be great, but now for me it is quite disappointing. the last update in the google play store is from 2018. Are the any plans on updating the app? In the endless pool community this is a much requested update.

looking forward to hearing from You.
Last edited by: JT-tri: Oct 3, 21 4:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it would be very very cool if you had something such as an Apple Watch or Garmin field app that tracked HR so then our endless pool workouts, calories, and data can be saved to Strava or training peaks.

Or what about work with FORM smart swim goggles as they do this already with other swim spas?

A bunch for triathletes would surely highly consider an Endless Pool as it would be much more useful!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
endlesspools wrote:
We are aware of the demand for Garmin compatibility. Unfortunately, it's not on the short-term slate for our R&D team.

Hi there, I know this is an older thread. We finally got our EP up and running and did my first swim yesterday. Just finished putting in my first swim workout on the Fit@home app. to try out after work. Doesn't seem like I can connect it to Training Peaks yet. Is that correct or am I missing something?

I know things are chaotic with supply chain issues and covid's impact on everything. But creating (or just updating) a great app that works with Garmin and Training Peaks would be amazing. The pool is amazing and is truly worthy of a great app, yes?

Thanks!

Death is easy....peaceful. Life is harder.
Last edited by: Triingtotrain: Oct 28, 21 12:28
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pools and Garmin Question [Triingtotrain] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here we are, another two years down the road, and it seems Endless Pools still hasn't attempted to integrate the Swim@Home app with any of the commonly used multi-sport devices; Garmin/Apple/etc. What is the latest? Anyone have a work-around?
Quote Reply
Re: Endless Pools and Garmin Question [tbvtrihard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tbvtrihard wrote:
Here we are, another two years down the road, and it seems Endless Pools still hasn't attempted to integrate the Swim@Home app with any of the commonly used multi-sport devices; Garmin/Apple/etc. What is the latest? Anyone have a work-around?

So there was a recent update on the fit@home app but from what I read on the FB group it was very poor. Other EP owners were complaining it didn't keep track of total yards (would go back to zero after each change to the next set) and there were other problems. And if you have an Apple phone, you were stuck upgrading to the new app which didn't work as well. I have a Samsung phone so I am still able to use the original app I got when I installed the pool over a year ago. And I'm still putting in my workouts by hand on the app. Not ideal but it's better than not having the app to change speeds while I swim.

I believe it will be a while before the app connects or talks to Garmin, Training peaks, etc. They need to fix the problems on the upgrade first and get the basics correct first. I hope they are at least working on that. In the meantime I am just using the orignal fit@home app.

I do love my EP. It's a great product. But Endless Pools as a company could do better in many regards. They have this amazing product. As a company they have many opportunities to improve (customer service, better app, more factory trained installers)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't agree more re your views on the EP. The equipment is terrific and has so many possibilities for training, but the swim@home app is just horrible - even the old version, which nevertheless I cannot use now, as I have Apple devices. It would cost about the same as 4 of their pools to create an app we would all love, so I just don't understand the disconnect. They market aggressively to triathletes and serious swimmers, but it seems no-one at Endless Pools has any idea of how training actually works for us.

Meanwhile, we fumble around with stroke counting, open water swim settings and manual entries. Uggh!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tbvtrihard wrote:
Couldn't agree more re your views on the EP. The equipment is terrific and has so many possibilities for training, but the swim@home app is just horrible - even the old version, which nevertheless I cannot use now, as I have Apple devices. It would cost about the same as 4 of their pools to create an app we would all love, so I just don't understand the disconnect. They market aggressively to triathletes and serious swimmers, but it seems no-one at Endless Pools has any idea of how training actually works for us.

Meanwhile, we fumble around with stroke counting, open water swim settings and manual entries. Uggh!

The original Endless Pools are amazing. I have a High Performance pool which is the original pool with a bigger motor (7.5 HP instead of the 5 HP). They are perfect for triathletes as nothing else can simulate open water swimming the way these pools do. I highly recommend the Performance or High Performance pools. Or an Elite pool if you are a super fast competitive swimmer. I absolutely love swimming in my pool!

The problem is that EP has branched out and also offers these big (do I dare say silly) spa style pools and there are many types of them. Some even lack a swim current box and you swim against these 3 jets which is a very poor swim experience (I actually tried one out at a recent AirB&B stay and it sucked big time. It was unswimable to me). But these pools are great for families, kids, older people who don't swim seriously. And it seems a good chunk of the Endless Pool customers go for the spa pool and are not serious swimmers (this is based off the thousands of members on the FB group called Endless Pool owners). So if your bread and butter is coming from non-serious swimmers, then the app is never going to be a priority for Endless Pools as a company. It's too bad.

I wish the majority of of their customers were triathletes or more serious type swimmers. All I can do is recommend getting one to other triathletes. For me mine is life changing. I have actually improved my swim as an adult-onset swimmer and it's the only sport of the three that is not getting slower as I age, but improving as a mid 50s female triathlete.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have the High Performance unit - and it is terrific. With the added mirror, my swimming technique has improved immensely, and the speed of my overall races with it, since I'm not so exhausted from the first leg.

Thanks for your replies!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tbvtrihard wrote:
I also have the High Performance unit - and it is terrific. With the added mirror, my swimming technique has improved immensely, and the speed of my overall races with it, since I'm not so exhausted from the first leg.

Thanks for your replies!

The mirrors are a must. I got both.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ve used a tether in my home pool so similar to an endless pool. I’ve created swim workouts on Garmin connect based on time, with intervals and used them under an “Other” activity that I created to show some limited information… time, heart rate. It’s not perfect but gets the job done for me when I’m not doing open water or a real pool swim.
Quote Reply