Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Super League Triathlon UK (Jersey) [Quantum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just managed to catch up on this thoughts....

Pissed off with trying to find video's of the second day on the Superleague website video section and seeing spoiler after spoiler video.

Blummenfelt is a machine! The way he came out of T2 and that final run, i'd love to see him race a fit Ali.Brownlee in one of these speaking of which...

Ali's insight was a real highlight, I think BBC sport are missing a treat not getting him in to do analysis of ITU if he's available.

Thouroughly enjoyed watching bring on the next...
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon UK (Jersey) [Jackets] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jackets wrote:
J
Ali's insight was a real highlight, I think BBC sport are missing a treat not getting him in to do analysis of ITU if he's available.

My 5 times Kona gal wife turned to me during the show and proclaimed "He's by far the best commentator I've ever listened to" and I had to agree.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon UK (Jersey) [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
monty wrote:
Great racing and I will echo that Ali is a great commentator. Really nice to have someone that sees all the little things going on and actually mention them. And who the hell is Summer Cooks coach? Ought to be fired for sure, she had it in her to win that last race, all she has to do is be told how to turn on the bike! Every single turn and 180 she goes in last and in way too big a gear, and then you see her have to close a sizable gap and she doesn't shift, just winding up way too hard a gear and burning a ton of matches to go no where except to the back again. Give me 30 minute with her and she wins that race easily. What a talent though..

I really hope this format survives and becomes a staple of the pros, I like it. A lot like the old lifeguard racing formats in Oz, lots of race back to back to back..

Yeah, this!

In the post race interview she said she had nothing left to give on the bike, but she doesn't seem to have improved at all in her bike skills over the past year, and as you say, she was shooting herself in the foot on every turn.

She's a great swimmer and runner and could have a great ITU future if she could just learn to handle a bike!

Great weekend of racing though. I watched via the ESPN app on my Apple TV.

you clearly missed rotterdam but thanks for chiming in with your wholly ignorant observation.
Quote Reply
Re: Super League Triathlon UK (Jersey) [mag900] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mag900 wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
monty wrote:
Great racing and I will echo that Ali is a great commentator. Really nice to have someone that sees all the little things going on and actually mention them. And who the hell is Summer Cooks coach? Ought to be fired for sure, she had it in her to win that last race, all she has to do is be told how to turn on the bike! Every single turn and 180 she goes in last and in way too big a gear, and then you see her have to close a sizable gap and she doesn't shift, just winding up way too hard a gear and burning a ton of matches to go no where except to the back again. Give me 30 minute with her and she wins that race easily. What a talent though..

I really hope this format survives and becomes a staple of the pros, I like it. A lot like the old lifeguard racing formats in Oz, lots of race back to back to back..

Yeah, this!

In the post race interview she said she had nothing left to give on the bike, but she doesn't seem to have improved at all in her bike skills over the past year, and as you say, she was shooting herself in the foot on every turn.

She's a great swimmer and runner and could have a great ITU future if she could just learn to handle a bike!

Great weekend of racing though. I watched via the ESPN app on my Apple TV.

you clearly missed rotterdam but thanks for chiming in with your wholly ignorant observation.

I know what I see and what I can look up in results. I saw her bike skills at the Super League race. I don't think there was much TV coverage of her on the bike in Rotterdam, because even though she exited the water 2 seconds after Zaferes, she was 13 seconds slower in transition (13 seconds!) and failed to make the lead group on the bike. She did stay with the second group but then could manage only the 16th best run. So what did I miss? I mean her no disrespect and am rooting for her, but I'm guessing she would be the first to admit her bike skills are not where she would want them to be. Maybe they've improved, but not significantly. But why don't you enlighten us with your wisdom and contribute to the conversation as opposed to calling people ignorant?
Quote Reply

Prev Next