Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Stolen Bikes - Theft at Hypercat Racing - Ventura, CA
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Last week, we were devastated to find that our shop, Hypercat Racing had been burglarized sometime between closing on 7/11 and approximately 5:30 am on 7/12.
Since the investigation is ongoing, I'm going to avoid posting specifics about the theft, but Phil and I would really appreciate your eyes out on the roads/forums etc for
the following 4 bikes.:

Trek Speedconcept
Trek Madone
BH Ultralight
Cervelo P3

Stock picture of the Speedconcept below left...partial photo of actual bike to the right.
I'll post additional pictures of the other bikes in the thread.

If you come across a deal that is too good to be true...it is. :)

Thanks in advance for your help. Hypercat Racing is operated solely by my husband and myself.
It supports our family. We appreciate your time and positive thoughts.
:) Rachel

Quote Reply
Picture of BH Ultralight =>Re: Stolen Bikes - Theft at Hypercat Racing - Ventura, CA [RachelCasanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is a picture of Phil's BH Ultralight. It was stolen without tires or pedals. The bike is very custom with lots
of individualization...what one would expect from a bike shop owner/mechanic. :)

Thank you for keeping an eye out.

Quote Reply
Cervelo P3 =>Re: Stolen Bikes - Theft at Hypercat Racing - Ventura, CA [RachelCasanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P3. Older model but easily identifiable by paint job.

Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Bikes - Theft at Hypercat Racing - Ventura, CA [RachelCasanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear Rachel, hope Phil is doing alright otherwise. This kind of stuff sucks, and it is a LOT of money stolen. I will watch out for the bikes, usually peruse craigslist and eBay just window shopping anyway.

Good luck, any insurance? Tell him hi from Monty...
Quote Reply
Trek Madone - Re: Stolen Bikes - Theft at Hypercat Racing - Ventura, CA [RachelCasanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Trek Madone stolen from the shop was in project phase...we do not have pictures of the actual bike, but here is a representation of what the model looks like.
Thanks again for checking my post(s) out and keeping your eyes open. :) Rachel

Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Bikes - Theft at Hypercat Racing - Ventura, CA [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Monty. Yes, huge dough and there are more expenses related to the theft plus a loss of a week's worth of business...not to mention the work done on two of the bikes that we taken. It is a big hit to our family....

We will see how well our insurance folks take care of things. They have always been great about getting us renewed, taking our money etc and very quick communications for those processes. I'm staying positive and hoping that they will make us whole.

We appreciate the extra eyes on eBay and Craigslist. We can't help but check ourselves, but that alone is a huge time suck. Based on the particulars of the theft I have a feeling they are long, gone out of the area and expect these bikes to surface somewhere well outside of our immediate reach. I would expect they would get parted out and sold.

I'm super bummed because the BH was a birthday gift to Phil a few years back. His birthday is in 9 days....I'd love to replace it but until we see what happens with insurance, that just can't happen.
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Bikes - Theft at Hypercat Racing - Ventura, CA [RachelCasanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry to hear about this, I am a Ventura resident and met Phil last year and had a very nice chat on building bikes. I am on Craigs every week out here and get around as I build bikes and ride locally and will keep my eyes peeled.

I was hit once at my old address (mid-town) and bikes turned up in Oxnard; one on Craig's and one in a Pawn shop. Turned out to be adolescents looking to finance drug dependency. Performance bikes in Oxnard has been hit at least 3X in last year and almost always homeless or drug dependent youth.

Also had cranks stolen (package left on porch) and they were stupid enough to put them on Craig's not knowing they were essentially a unicorn at the time in terms of availability.

They usually do not know what they are steeling and this is an advantage to what Performance carries (mostly low-end) versus a nice Boutique shop. Hopefully this will make it harder for them to move them without someone asking a lot of questions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not cool. Keeping my eyes open in SLO County.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keeping an eye out for you in Simi Valley!

Team Zoot So Cal
Quote Reply
Re: Stolen Bikes - Theft at Hypercat Racing - Ventura, CA [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Hillary! :-)
Quote Reply