Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ebay sale gone bad - looking for feedback [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OK, it all worked out very well-(ish):

So, I was going through the Di2 parts today and saw that one wire was cut and frayed, other etube was missing, and the internal batter was broken and wouldn't take a charge. I went by my bike shop to have the Di2 assessed just to make sure and they confirmed the battery was broken.

I called ebay about this and also to check in after providing the police report # (no written report available since this is a civil matter) and ebay was on top of it. They said that in this case, they would refund the buyer out of their own money and then refund me $900 of their own money. They wouldn't report what would be done about the buyer. But then 5min later, ebay called me and said they would be paying me $2,400, the full amount that I sold the bike for.

I'm ordering a new battery and replacement etubes and selling everything except for the THM M3 crankset.

wovebike.com | Wove on instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay sale gone bad - looking for feedback [milesthedog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay so just to be clear, you get to keep the bike+components and get the $2,400?

Sounds like this has been an emotional roller coaster but I'm glad to hear that it has worked out to your benefit in the end. Should provide some good relief while you're in between phd programs (best of luck, btw!)
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay sale gone bad - looking for feedback [racehd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racehd wrote:
Okay so just to be clear, you get to keep the bike+components and get the $2,400?

Sounds like this has been an emotional roller coaster but I'm glad to hear that it has worked out to your benefit in the end. Should provide some good relief while you're in between phd programs (best of luck, btw!)

That's correct, so pretty surprised, as I didn't ask or press for the full amount. And yes, it does provide relief so I can focus on my work and switching program - the luck is much appreciated!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
milesthedog wrote:

So, I was going through the Di2 parts today and saw that one wire was cut and frayed, other etube was missing, and the internal batter was broken and wouldn't take a charge. I went by my bike shop to have the Di2 assessed just to make sure and they confirmed the battery was broken.

I called ebay about this and also to check in after providing the police report # (no written report available since this is a civil matter) and ebay was on top of it. They said that in this case, they would refund the buyer out of their own money and then refund me $900 of their own money. They wouldn't report what would be done about the buyer. But then 5min later, ebay called me and said they would be paying me $2,400, the full amount that I sold the bike for.

I'm ordering a new battery and replacement etubes and selling everything except for the THM M3 crankset.

Congrats on this. This is the first time I have seen eBay step up to the plate on something like this. I wonder how much has to do with previous complaints of the user.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay sale gone bad - looking for feedback [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
milesthedog wrote:

Congrats on this. This is the first time I have seen eBay step up to the plate on something like this. I wonder how much has to do with previous complaints of the user.

Good question - they don't answer questions about other members, so I have no clue. I was also pretty insistent and stayed on top of it. Ebay stated that they have a new program for special cases like this where they step in and they refund the Ebay member to right wrongs.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great news. And, I almost called it exactly: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...ost=6345253#p6345253

If I were going to bet, the buyer is in hot water and may not be much of a seller going forward. If his business model is eBay arbitrage, and he depends on screwing sellers (through eBay policies) to manage his purchase risk, then he is hosed. Karma is winning.
Last edited by: exxxviii: Jun 26, 17 11:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your buyer must have had several issues in the past.
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay sale gone bad - looking for feedback [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
...until he sets up a new account and starts over.

OP, glad it worked out well for you in the end!
Last edited by: awenborn: Jun 27, 17 1:22
Quote Reply
Re: Ebay sale gone bad - looking for feedback [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, even though the ebay representative told me yesterday that everything was resolved and there was nothing more that I need to do, I received a call today from ebay stating that the full amount of $2,400 was not approved by management this morning and I will receive $900, BUT I must have $2,400 available in my Paypal account to refund the buyer and this available amount does not include the amount that is has been on hold in Paypal since the sale of the bike. Then, I have to call back in to high value claims to file a claim for the $900. It has taken me an average of 20 minutes to reach that particular department each time I have called, which has been 8 times this past two weeks. And then, I am told that the $900 is approved.... but, seeing how ebay has on multiple occasions told me one thing is certain and then gone back on their word, I am not confident.

update: I got Paypal to take the full $2,400 (they refunded their fees as well) out of holding status so that the money is available for ebay to refund the buyer. I re-phoned ebay and worked my way up the ladder to explain that while I do not feel ebay owes me anything, I do feel the need to pressure on the buyer because his actions are fraudulent and my only means of exerting that pressure on the buyer is via ebay, so I am asking them to hold true to their word that I would receive the $2.4k and that I not be required to call in any more. The high value team leader is pressing forward with it and assured me I will not need to call any any more. I'll post an update when it's completely resolved...

Last edited by: milesthedog: Jun 27, 17 9:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last update: well, the two hours on the phone this morning and calling back a third time demanding the manager paid off - back to getting the full $2.4k and selling off the parts I received back (ordered a new battery and etubes for the di2 group). Received a message that the case is closed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats and about time! Riveting story with twists and turns, ups and downs. Glad to hear it all worked out, thanks to your persistence.
Quote Reply

Prev Next