Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ironman Inventory Based Pricing [randomtriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am fairly certain I need to qualify as a pro to be able to afford these races.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Inventory Based Pricing [hadukla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2 weeks prior to IMBoulder and IMTX going to general registration, they opened registration for AWA. 1 week prior, they opened registration to TriClub members. I think IMTX tier 1 was sold out a few days after it opened to TriClub members.

Got me to sign up for IMTX as soon as the link hit my inbox and not wait like I normally do. Hard not to do the race when it's in your backyard though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
randomtriguy wrote:
One slot gets sold and now they can promote "TIER 1 SOLD OUT!"..... smart move on their part, it does create a sense of urgency.

The new Waco 70.3 is already in tier 3 & it's scheduled for the end of October.

So now I'm playing the 'how late can I leave it' game, if they offered transferal I'd just buy it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agreed. And I have to say I am feeling that pressure myself.
Still, do you know how many slots would be allocated per tier?

Cairns IM is already in Tier 4 Pricing (at a ridiculous A$966) but was not sold out in the past years. Wondering if they still have 500+ slots to sell...

It doesn't get easier, you just get slower
https://mymsracesironman.home.blog/
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Inventory Based Pricing [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The problem is that not everyone gets the same price for registering early. (yeah life is not fair....) You could go through all of the tiers on the same day. The first time I saw this was IMNJ the first year. I think it was tier 3 before I ever got into the queue (I did not end up registering)

The benefit is to the race company in that they get a more defined amount of money, instead of an unknown number of people signing up at various rates. Just trying to move the impetus of registering early, just now it is an variable amount of time, instead of actually known calendar days for the changes.

It just is hard to plan for those of us that may wait for various reason before we register.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Inventory Based Pricing [Kampinou] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kampinou wrote:
Agreed. And I have to say I am feeling that pressure myself.
Still, do you know how many slots would be allocated per tier?

I don't thing the tier sizes are public information. I've seen a lot of people assume they are equal but I doubt that's the case. Many races seem to go through the first three tiers very quickly and then stay open for a while. My guess is the split is something like 10/10/10/70 to try to re-create some of the urgency to register from when races sold out immediately.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Inventory Based Pricing [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the answer. I agree, that 10/10/10/70 assumption sounds reasonable.
At least from a revenue and marketing perspective for Wanda. As a customer, I believe it’s quite misleading…

It doesn't get easier, you just get slower
https://mymsracesironman.home.blog/
Last edited by: Kampinou: Feb 10, 19 20:59
Quote Reply

Prev Next