Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Island Lava Java in Kona closed... [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
***Thread hijack alert***

Sure, lots of people have been to Lava Java, but how many of you have visited Java Lava? Same concept: it's a cool coffee bar/cafe on a tropical island dominated by a nearby volcano. Here's Mrs. Rolldown at Java Lava (wearing her Lava Java top).

Any guesses as to where Java Lava is? (Guess you can google to find out.) When we spoke to the owner, he wasn't aware of the existence of Lava Java.
Last edited by: Rolldown: May 30, 17 20:22
Quote Reply
Re: Island Lava Java in Kona closed... [gogogo!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
gogogo! wrote:
yes to thai rin! great food and a great view too.

edited: damn autocorrect!

yup, that's the place....Thai Rin.....breakfast in the condo, post swim coffee at lava java, lunch at Lava Java, dinner at Thai Rin....rest repeat.

Just the thought of that and I need a vacation to Kona. Maybe I should go and volunteer for Marc Roy to set up the timing station at Hawi with Fleck. It's been 5 years since we did that gong show but what a blast. Side trip to Kaloko and/or Mauna Kea.
Quote Reply
Re: Island Lava Java in Kona closed... [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty much one of the slowest and worst customer service places in Kona, but yes food is god. There is another Thai place that is fantastic about a mile from the finish with very good service.

devashish_paul wrote:
logella wrote:
Good breakfast but even better dinner.

Dinner at the Thai place next to the old Lava Java location was the best. Best pre race meals of my life...sunset, Thai food, Kona coast. Can't beat that.
Quote Reply
Re: Island Lava Java in Kona closed... [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Original Thai Cuisine" in the shopping center on the NW corner where Palani and Kuakini met. A few blocks from the ocean so it is low key and harder to find, but the food is excellent. Easy parking is a nice bonus. And if you were to leave the car there and walk 2 blocks to the Digme beach for a swim before your Thai lunch, no harm there either.....
Quote Reply

Prev Next