Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Swimskins and sleeved trisuits: what's the latest trend?
Quote | Reply
I know in the past when it was illegal to wear anything below the shoulder in non-wetsuit swims, everyone would roll down sleeved trisuits beneath their swimskins and then pull them up in T1. Not a huge deal, but it inevitably costs a few seconds jamming one's arms in the sleeves and zipping up. I haven't had the chance to test myself or observe what others have been doing, but after I started paying attention I saw a pic of a pro at Chattanooga who wore the complete/zipped sleeved trisuit under the swimskin.

Shoulder constriction aside, has anyone had a chance to test whether a tight-fitting, sleeved trisuit is faster/slower in the water? Will/are pros wearing them completely zipped up in swims now?
Quote Reply
Re: Swimskins and sleeved trisuits: what's the latest trend? [Conradz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiwami and, I believe, BlueSeventy now make sleeved swimskins. I just bought a Kiwami one but have not swam in it yet, but most likely will at Raleigh this weekend.
Quote Reply
Re: Swimskins and sleeved trisuits: what's the latest trend? [Conradz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't imagine a scenario where a sleeved kit would be faster. That said, Harry Wiltshire was first out of the water a second ahead of Potts and Frodo at Kona last year wearing a sleeved kit so I don't think they're that much slower.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Last edited by: Timtek: May 30, 17 7:37
Quote Reply