Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Base Performance Supplements
Quote | Reply
Good day. Does anyone, non company affiliated, have any feedback they are willing to share regarding Base Performance Supplements? I have seen them at a couple IM Expos and ("Got Salt") on the run course and am wondering if they are good products, or just another gimmick.

Stay safe!

Johnny
Quote Reply
Re: Base Performance Supplements [JohnnyMac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you talking about just salt or other products. I use the salt, amino, and hydro. I have used salt my entire career while racing - I don't go nuts with it but I use it. Although I know Matt well and help him out and have very loose handshake agreement with him for some salt and amino as needed, Ultimately I have been with Powerbar for 5 years now, I don't need the hydro as it is a duplicate but I use it. Salt and amino is missing from Powerbars line-up.

Amazing enough, I have seen many other pro athletes, who use other nutrition (sponsored, real sponsorship) always hitting up Matt for Amino. I have even been to pro camps they have sponsored and have seen pro athletes swipe as many Amino's as they could. They would probably be swiping salt as well but the reality is you don't go thru it that quick. I think I am on my second container in 2 years still. I just can't help but chuckle when I see athletes do that though. Ultimately Base doesn't have the dollars to support those athletes and like the typical pro, they are all to happy to sell their soul for a couple ###, talk about competitor x and then use Base behind the scenes and not tell anyone about that...

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Haven't used the aminos or the other products, but I use their salt religiously. Cramped at mile 1 of IMFL, as I didn't realize how much I sweated on the bike, and used base salt to get me back to normal. Only took about a mile. Seeing them at mile 7 partying and keeping us going was just another perk. Awesome people, Matt is a good dude the times I have met him at an expo, and they care about triathletes. Good small company, and always love to support those over the big guys any day of the week.
Quote Reply
Re: Base Performance Supplements [Tri52082] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somebody recommended the "Rocket Fuel" to me, and it's just too sweet for my liking. It's supposed to be 2 scoops of hydro, 1 scoop of aminos, 1 scoop of salt. I did that but it's just too damn sweet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks everyone. I was told about the hydro, aminos, recovery activators, and salt. The people at the expo were very helpful, but I wasn't sure if the products were as high quality, as they claim, or just a bunch of marketing hype.

Perhaps it shouldn't be, but it is interesting to me that some pros are discretely using the Base products (sounds like mainly aminos). Seem to be a positive sign, especially since Base is a small company.

I think I will try out the aminos and hydro (if it is not still on back order) for a couple of months.

Thanks again!
Quote Reply