Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
....and here's me 'pleased as punch' using Squirt (for the first time) on a new X10SL after stripping the factory lube.

With all the other drivechain factors in play, I'm wondering what real-world value the Ceramic Speed & Premier chains will offer, if the coatings last 200 miles like any other fancy lube. Does the smoothing of the chain really make that much difference if your cassette, chainrings & pulleys are not fastidiously optimised too?

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:
....and here's me 'pleased as punch' using Squirt (for the first time) on a new X10SL after stripping the factory lube.

With all the other drivechain factors in play, I'm wondering what real-world value the Ceramic Speed & Premier chains will offer, if the coatings last 200 miles like any other fancy lube. Does the smoothing of the chain really make that much difference if your cassette, chainrings & pulleys are not fastidiously optimised too?

Maybe those are coming too?

--Chris
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
That's exactly what Stan means

Is it??
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [chriselam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does the connex link easily connect and disconnect by hand, or do you use a tool like the KMC wrench thing?

And, assuming you properly clean and relube the premier chain, are we still talking maybe a gain of 1 - 2 watts, over a 'normal' properly cleaned KMC chain lubed with rock n roll??
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jkhayc wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Is it??

Who cares...

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jorgan wrote:

I am not a materials scientist, but it appears that the treatment on premierbike chains lasts far in excess of 200 miles.

Then, regarding friction reductions, they are all additive. So, yes, you could do other things to optimize to your casssette, chainrings, etc. Whatever improvements you get there (and, not sure, but it may not be a lot) will be IN ADDITION TO chain friction improvements.

I think people (rightly so) forcus on chains because typically they have over 100 environmentally exposed metal-to-metal bushings, all of which affect drivetrain friction. And that is where a surface metal treatment (at least potentially) can do the most good.

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Connex link is installed by hand. You can use it over and over again.

Dan Kennison

facebook: @triPremierBike
http://www.PremierBike.com
http://www.PositionOneSports.com
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
Does the connex link easily connect and disconnect by hand, or do you use a tool like the KMC wrench thing?

It's super easy to connect or disconnect with fingers. There is a directionality to be aware of but that's easy to understand.

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:

Fake news!

"One Line Robert"
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wsrobert wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Fake news!

Alternative facts

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [sciguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sciguy wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:

It's super easy to connect or disconnect with fingers. There is a directionality to be aware of but that's easy to understand.
Yep, much easier than the other "quick-links" I've used and continually re-useable too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BryanD wrote:
wsrobert wrote:
BryanD wrote:

Fake news!

Alternative facts

Propaganda

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This chain is the product I have been dreaming off.

Damn it's pricey for Canadians though. After shipping, duty, taxes I can buy three Wipperman 11SX from CRC for the same price!
Last edited by: NordicSkier: May 25, 17 9:27
Quote Reply
Re: The PremierBike "Ultra Optimization" chain: why would I ever use another chain ever? [dkennison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Would love a quick ping when you get some 10 speed chains in. Should I send you an email?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn - most impulsive shopping-moment of the week. I've been on the lookout for a new chain and 2 minutes after finishing this thread I ordered this one!
Quote Reply

Prev Next