Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Grim Reapers PRs
Quote | Reply
The Grim Reaper is notoriously secretive about his athletic ability.

The Grim Reaper is also very busy with the 20th century population explosion and the aging demographics of the developed world.

One never knows, however.
The Grim Reaper might take an instant liking (or disliking to you).

My question: how fast do you need to be, to be able to go to get away?
How fast do you think the Grim Reaper could cover the following distances?
A) 400 m run
B) 1 mile
C) 10k
D) 13.1
E) 200 yard (or meter) freestyle
D) 40 k TT on the bike
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: May 24, 17 11:37
Quote Reply
Re: The Grim Reapers PRs [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Day drinking is awesome isn't it?
Quote Reply
Re: The Grim Reapers PRs [T3_Beer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
T3_Beer wrote:
Day drinking is awesome isn't it?

Yes.

The bar is also a very safe place to be at noon on a Wednesday.
Unless the Reaper singles you out, there is sure to be someone slower,
Last edited by: Velocibuddha: May 24, 17 12:16
Quote Reply
Re: The Grim Reapers PRs [Velocibuddha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I figure it's like encountering a bear in the woods...I don't have to be faster than the bear (or the Grim Reaper), I just have to be faster than you:)

rich
Quote Reply
Re: The Grim Reapers PRs [rrutis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rrutis wrote:
I figure it's like encountering a bear in the woods...I don't have to be faster than the bear (or the Grim Reaper), I just have to be faster than you:) rich

Well, better watch veloci though; he was training to run a sub-5:00 mile this past winter. Not sure if he achieved it but I suspect he was pretty close. :)

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply
Re: The Grim Reapers PRs [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
rrutis wrote:
I figure it's like encountering a bear in the woods...I don't have to be faster than the bear (or the Grim Reaper), I just have to be faster than you:) rich

Well, better watch veloci though; he was training to run a sub-5:00 mile this past winter. Not sure if he achieved it but I suspect he was pretty close. :)
What he doesn't seem to have spotted is that the grim reaper isn't chasing you, he's waiting at the finish line! Speed doesn't help.
Quote Reply
Re: The Grim Reapers PRs [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ai_1 wrote:
ericmulk wrote:
rrutis wrote:

What he doesn't seem to have spotted is that the grim reaper isn't chasing you, he's waiting at the finish line! Speed doesn't help.

Well, I guess this depends on how you look at it; in some cases of extreme injury, the person comes very close to death but some people fight it off (and great physical conditioning would def help here) whereas the majority succumb to their injuries. This is what I've heard from combat medics and nurses in AFG and IRQ. So, in these cases, you could say that the reaper was chasing these guys/girls and caught many of them but not all. OTOH, you could say that the reaper just waits until people die, with no "chasing".

"Anyone can be who they want to be IF they have the HUNGER and the DRIVE."
Quote Reply