Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Mountain biking clothing etiquette [BKyle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My policy has always been to wear lycra when "training"- IE long climbs, possibility for baggies when "playing" and the ride is short.
I have noticed that high level mtb xc racers- (World Cup)- prefer to wear loose stuff on their longer travel bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain biking clothing etiquette [kiwi.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kiwi. wrote:
When you're going downhill wear t-shirt and baggy shorts. When you're going uphill wear lycra.

"Like"

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain biking clothing etiquette [SweMike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SweMike wrote:
If you use Strava = Lycra
Bike computer?? = Baggy

=)

Crap, I'm doing it wrong!

TriSpouse won't be happy. Now I have to go out and buy a whole wardrobe of baggy MTB attire for my one day each year my MTB comes out of the shed, so I can justify owning one :-)

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain biking clothing etiquette [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CCF wrote:
I wear the same stuff on all bikes (road, tri, cross, mtb). Don't have time to worry about different outfits for different tire widths.

I take this one step further, by having the same MTB double sided SPD pedals on all my bikes (except cruiser) so I can wear any shoe on any bike depending on requirements.

TriDork

Quote Reply
Re: Mountain biking clothing etiquette [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kiley, your most comprehensive work yet
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain biking clothing etiquette [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a 24hr team XC race coming up. I'm genuinely considering using my P1 Pedals with look style cleats. Probably will chicken on it though, even if it's technically possible.
Quote Reply
Re: Mountain biking clothing etiquette [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridork wrote:
CCF wrote:
I wear the same stuff on all bikes (road, tri, cross, mtb). Don't have time to worry about different outfits for different tire widths.

I take this one step further, by having the same MTB double sided SPD pedals on all my bikes (except cruiser) so I can wear any shoe on any bike depending on requirements.

I do similar, only with road style SPD pedals on the TT and road bikes.
XC pedals on CX and XC mtb, trail pedals on all Mtn steed.

I have both Lycra and baggy stuff, and wear whatever I feel like, although generally if I'm doing a group mtb ride I'll wear baggy stuff, since everybody else is.
It definitely holds up better to tree branch snags, thorns, and of course, dirt rocks and roots if/when you eat it.

float , hammer , and jog

Quote Reply

Prev Next