Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: IMTX Race Report + Build to race. 9:11, 5th M35-39, 14th Amateur. Breakthrough race. [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rob why are you running the TC if you think the SS/TT combo is faster?

I was also 5lbs heavier when i tested at ERO last year, I need to go back again! I really want to try some different aero bar set ups that i think can get me little lower and just confirm the Giro Helmet is faster.

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report + Build to race. 9:11, 5th M35-39, 14th Amateur. Breakthrough race. [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BBLOEHR wrote:

I'm afraid of flats. Since my main goal at IMTX was to do a big training day, I was happy to go with GP4000 or TC just to avoid having to stop and deal with a flat (plus I had no idea what the road conditions would be like. Next year I'll be willing to go SS I think). For IM Boulder I will be shooting for a more "all or nothing" approach and use the SS or that Corsa (if I can get some) to go for maximum speed. I've raced the SS once at Boulder 70.3 and I had no issues - so it's probably just a case of me building up some more trust with those bad boys.

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report + Build to race. 9:11, 5th M35-39, 14th Amateur. Breakthrough race. [robgray] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
BBLOEHR wrote:

I'm afraid of flats. Since my main goal at IMTX was to do a big training day, I was happy to go with GP4000 or TC just to avoid having to stop and deal with a flat (plus I had no idea what the road conditions would be like. Next year I'll be willing to go SS I think). For IM Boulder I will be shooting for a more "all or nothing" approach and use the SS or that Corsa (if I can get some) to go for maximum speed. I've raced the SS once at Boulder 70.3 and I had no issues - so it's probably just a case of me building up some more trust with those bad boys.

Thats makes sense, I did debate going TT front and rear since i did not know what roads would be like, but I have road the SS on Timberman and Austin course which are both pretty awful and had no issues. I ordered the Corsa but not sure if I will even run it. Did have a friend that road the SS at Texas and he got 2 flats both on front wheel, it was the same SS he had rode all last year racing to. I did at least switch mine out to a brand new one.

Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report + Build to race. 9:11, 5th M35-39, 14th Amateur. Breakthrough race. [BBLOEHR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes I think for sure I would never race on a used SS. Why are you not sure about running the Corsa?

Are you ready to do an Ultraman? | How I calculate Ironman race fueling | Strength Training for Athletes |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
robgray wrote:
Yes I think for sure I would never race on a used SS. Why are you not sure about running the Corsa?

I am not sure if they are "aero." Also having read and talked with a friend about how much a pain in ass they are to get on not sure its worth it. If I was getting picky would take races with low yaw angles and maybe run the Corsa and run the SS at high yaw angle races.

I am a little torn about tires at the moment. Def first world issues going on here.

Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report + Build to race. 9:11, 5th M35-39, 14th Amateur. Breakthrough race. [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
Yes I have been searching for the to or a longer bento box, definitely let me know if u hear anything.

You bet, we have a large capacity Speedpack (the SP 915) on the way, should be about double the capacity of our other packs, should also fit some of the bigger phones like the iphone 6+. It will work for triathlon, but it is also going to be an all around Speedpack for training, for really long events, and for gravel. We have a target release date of sometime in the 2nd half May.

Greg @ dsw

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.
DarkSpeedWorks.com.....Reviews.....Insta.....Facebook

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great race report, and outstanding result.

Congrats !

Advanced Aero TopTube Storage for Road, Gravel, & Tri...ZeroSlip & Direct-mount, made in the USA.

--
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report + Build to race. 9:11, 5th M35-39, 14th Amateur. Breakthrough race. [DarkSpeedWorks] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
will it be have a zipper? Can u use it on speed concept top tube?

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report + Build to race. 9:11, 5th M35-39, 14th Amateur. Breakthrough race. [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
will it be have a zipper? Can u use it on speed concept top tube?

Yes, it will have a zipper, but it will be slightly different than our existing zippers (still high quality YKK though).

And, yes, the 915D will be a direct mount version for the SC and similar bikes.

--
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I may ask, how did you salt / electrolyte load the two days before the race?
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report + Build to race. 9:11, 5th M35-39, 14th Amateur. Breakthrough race. [some_devil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not that scientific here, but I took a ton or electrolyte tabs, base salt, salt on foods and drank a lot of water. In past IM's what I have seen is I am drinking water before and during but I still pee a lot and end up dehydrated. My conclusion has been the salt/electrolyte balance has been messed up and that I don't have enough salt in my tissues to bring water from my gut to my tissues.

So how many did I take?? Can't remember exactly but maybe 15-18 electrolyte pills each day 1 tube of base salt. Did it help? IMTX ended up not being super hot, but I peed way less on the bike and only 2 x on the run and I finished way less dehydrated then normal so anacadotaly yes I think it help.

Does that answer your question?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It does, thx. Going to give it a try at Santa Rosa next weekend : )
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you say pee 10x? Should I be peeing 10x in my first IM? I've never even peed twice on the bike during my HIMs
Quote Reply
Re: IMTX Race Report + Build to race. 9:11, 5th M35-39, 14th Amateur. Breakthrough race. [mickison] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mickison wrote:
Did you say pee 10x? Should I be peeing 10x in my first IM? I've never even peed twice on the bike during my HIMs

No this seem to be a problem that only a few of us have! Lol. Seems to be an issues to retaining/absorbing water into the tissues, past IM i have peed upwards of 20x on a bike (peeing this much really slows you down to and makes you bike shoes smell pretty bad). I know a lot of guys that never pee on the bike and seem to have no issues.

Quote Reply

Prev Next