Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Online wetsuit rentals
Quote | Reply
I've got a race at the end of April that typically is wetsuit legal. I don't own a wetsuit, as 99% of my racing is not wetsuit legal. The closest place I've found for me to rent a wetsuit is at least an hour's drive. I've seen some online options for wetsuit rentals, so I'd like some input from the board. Have you rented a wetsuit online before, and if so, how was that experience? What kind of support did you get if the fit wasn't right, how hard/easy was it to return after you were finished, etc.?

Alternatively, I'm just west of Fort Worth, so if anyone in the DFW area can recommend a place to rent on this side of the metroplex, that would be appreciated as well.

Attacking this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Quote Reply
Re: Online wetsuit rentals [LundyLund] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For my first race, I rented from wetsuitrental.com. I had ordered it with time to spare. The first one did not fit. I knew not to expect it to feel natural, but it was painfully short through the torso. I sent it back, and they shipped a new one immediately. I didn't have to wait for them to receive the original one. There was some sort of discount on the purchase price if you keep the suit, so that is what I did. Both suits were clean and in good shape. I don't have any experience with any other rental places, though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I rented through De Soto. I was really easy and they applied some of the rental cost to a purchase down the road. Would def recommend

the world's still turning? >>>>>>> the world's still turning
Quote Reply
Re: Online wetsuit rentals [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
For my first race, I rented from wetsuitrental.com. I had ordered it with time to spare. The first one did not fit. I knew not to expect it to feel natural, but it was painfully short through the torso. I sent it back, and they shipped a new one immediately. I didn't have to wait for them to receive the original one. There was some sort of discount on the purchase price if you keep the suit, so that is what I did. Both suits were clean and in good shape. I don't have any experience with any other rental places, though.

Yep - wetsuitrental.com....that's where I rented the one I used for my first tri!
Quote Reply
Re: Online wetsuit rentals [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cestmoi wrote:
happyscientist wrote:

Yep - wetsuitrental.com....that's where I rented the one I used for my first tri!

Same here. Great experience and I highly recommend it. I was super nervous about fit as I am a 5'11 female....not many of us out there, but the sizing worked out based on the information I provided to them.
Quote Reply
Re: Online wetsuit rentals [ninagski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ninagski wrote:
cestmoi wrote:

Same here. Great experience and I highly recommend it. I was super nervous about fit as I am a 5'11 female....not many of us out there, but the sizing worked out based on the information I provided to them.

x3

Our race was delayed by a week and they emailed us and said we could keep the wetsuit for the extra week at no charge. We hadn't contacted customer service yet or anything.
Quote Reply
Re: Online wetsuit rentals [reefblastbody] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, all, for the replies. Very helpful.

Attacking this day with enthusiasm unknown to mankind.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just wanted to add that I used wetsuitrental.com recently based on this thread and and was really happy with the service. The fit was great and I loved the suit itself. For the amount of times I have needed a long sleeve suit (twice in 18 years) I would rent again rather than buy. Thanks.
Quote Reply