Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [Cmatthews7] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cmatthews7 wrote:
Oh no, sounds like this noob fits the mold.😂. I can't even begin to lie, I bought a USA outfit off the IM site, because 1) I am proud to be an American and 2) I like the Zoot shorts fit and feel. That being said, I am the slowest guy that will be in the race. Maybe I'll just put those in the closet and wear my old pt gear. I do enjoy the this sport and all the personalities involved, and look forward to reading these forums for tips, and usually a good chuckle or two.

Awesome you own it.😉 We all have our issue s and recognizing them is the first step. Now if I could only own mine...:)-
Quote Reply
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [happyscientist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL how classy...only Triathletes eat their own.

I am not even in the same time zone as you (yes, 1000 miles away), but that really cracks me up.
Are you just being sexist or just pissed that somebody else was sporting triathlon finisher gear?

Again..I never wear finisher gear, and I would suggest a mirror.

happyscientist wrote:
Trail race this weekend. Dude had an m-dot tattoo on his calf and covered in head-to-toe IM branded gear. He would not shut up about how you have never done anything hard unless you have done an Ironman. Ultras were easy compared to an Ironman. Racing was all about pacing, and he was really good at pacing. People always told him that he looked good at the end of a race, and he would be like, "yeah, that is how you are supposed to race." He also had no problem blocking the trail to run next to someone and tell them how important it was that he stay in zone 2. He was still doing this at least as far as the mile 9 aid station.

Somehow he made it through the day without anyone pushing him off a hill into a bed of poison ivy, but I am not sure how.
Last edited by: windschatten: Mar 28, 17 21:41
Quote Reply
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [chuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
chuy wrote:
happyscientist wrote:
He really was every bad stereotype rolled into one, though.

I love these people. I met a friend of a friend at a bar about a year ago who basically lectured me and told me I should drink less alcohol, eat healthier and take up doing Ironmans like he did. I just smiled and told him it was something id look into. His Mdot hat, mdot tattoo, IM tshirt, garmin, road id, and newtons at the bar served to make everyone at the bar realize that he was a triathlete.

Says the guy with the bragiest signature on the forum. ;)

"Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner (100+miles), and I once did an Ironman."
Quote Reply
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [windschatten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
windschatten wrote:

I am not even in the same time zone as you (yes, 1000 miles away), but that really cracks me up.
Are you just being sexist or just pissed that somebody else was sporting triathlon finisher gear?

happyscientist wrote:
Trail race this weekend. Dude had an m-dot tattoo on his calf and covered in head-to-toe IM branded gear. He would not shut up about how you have never done anything hard unless you have done an Ironman. Ultras were easy compared to an Ironman. Racing was all about pacing, and he was really good at pacing. People always told him that he looked good at the end of a race, and he would be like, "yeah, that is how you are supposed to race." He also had no problem blocking the trail to run next to someone and tell them how important it was that he stay in zone 2. He was still doing this at least as far as the mile 9 aid station.

Somehow he made it through the day without anyone pushing him off a hill into a bed of poison ivy, but I am not sure how.

Oh. I take it back. He wasn't every bad stereotype rolled into one. He didn't have your BS aggressive attitude.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-news/trail-runner-assaults-mountain-biker-in-denver-area/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=flipboard

Was it this guy?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:

Why did I picture Mike Rossi while I read this post?
Quote Reply
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
chuy wrote:
happyscientist wrote:
He really was every bad stereotype rolled into one, though.

I love these people. I met a friend of a friend at a bar about a year ago who basically lectured me and told me I should drink less alcohol, eat healthier and take up doing Ironmans like he did. I just smiled and told him it was something id look into. His Mdot hat, mdot tattoo, IM tshirt, garmin, road id, and newtons at the bar served to make everyone at the bar realize that he was a triathlete.

Says the guy with the bragiest signature on the forum. ;)

"Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner (100+miles), and I once did an Ironman."

How else will people know how much more important my opinion is if I don't have my signature at the end of my posts? ;)

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:
windschatten wrote:

happyscientist wrote:

Oh. I take it back. He wasn't every bad stereotype rolled into one. He didn't have your BS aggressive attitude.

Have to admit, I think you are being a total bitch too, calling someone out for something they enjoy. And no, it wasn't me, I'm on the east coast of Canada.
Quote Reply
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [SBRcoffee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no need for name calling. Although I have noticed you do that to any woman who posts anything you don't like.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lol ok
Quote Reply
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [TriNickK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriNickK wrote:
https://www.singletracks.com/blog/mtb-news/trail-runner-assaults-mountain-biker-in-denver-area/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=flipboard

Was it this guy?

Holy crap! I thought all that pot in Colorado was supposed make people more easy going.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the original post!!!! These kind of people are all over the place were I live. I Won't knock the ink.( Have plenty of my own) not M dot. But they need called out. Calling someone an ass when they are​ one is not a bad thing. Just like calling someone fat when they are isn't a bad thing. We have become weak in this country!!!
It's not wrong to call a spade a spade.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happyscientist wrote:

Bold part is funny. One of my friends has won Western States once and been on the podium another time quit Ultras after some complications and now competes in Ironmans because they are easier on body.

Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have no prob with someone asking 'why' about the tats and clothing in general, but thought it was rude to call out a specific person at a specific race whos only mistake was wearing gear that offends people here..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SBRcoffee wrote:
I have no prob with someone asking 'why' about the tats and clothing in general, but thought it was rude to call out a specific person at a specific race whos only mistake was wearing gear that offends people here..

Gear and tattoos not a prob. It's the talking these people do. And talk is fine if you're​ a stud. But they never are
Quote Reply
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fishbum wrote:
SBRcoffee wrote:

Gear and tattoos not a prob. It's the talking these people do. And talk is fine if you're​ a stud. But they never are

Exactly. If he hadn't spent literally hours talking about it, I probably just would have looked at the tattoo and clothes actually asked him about his races. Instead, I wanted him to stop talking and stop blocking the trail.
Quote Reply
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [nc452010] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love that he did that and is having fun with it.
Quote Reply
Re: Ok. Which one of you was this? [DieselPete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DieselPete wrote:
happyscientist wrote:

Why did I picture Mike Rossi while I read this post?

I pictured FinMan running a marathon with a handwritten sign on his back telling everyone he had done an IM the day before.
Quote Reply

Prev Next