Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Front light (Aero bar compatible)
Quote | Reply
Hi Folks,

Looking for a light for my front bar to increase my visual signature to cars. Post your recommendation(s) for a light that is: light, small in size, and aero bar mount friendly.

Thanks!!

G
Quote Reply
Re: Front light (Aero bar compatible) [apache] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Light and motion urban, mounts on the underside of your aerobars.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
Quote Reply
Re: Front light (Aero bar compatible) [tri-tele] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tri-tele wrote:

Thanks. Know of anything smaller? I am just looking for a small discrete flasher. Nothing fancy-something small and simply works.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use a couple of these hooked on either side of the aero bars. With both blinking I stand out like a sore thumb.
https://www.serfas.com/...144/referer:products|index|lights|headlights|page:2
Last edited by: kkerns: Mar 27, 17 15:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
apache wrote:
tri-tele wrote:

Thanks. Know of anything smaller? I am just looking for a small discrete flasher. Nothing fancy-something small and simply works.

The light and motion urban series are only about 125 grams, which is very small as far as lights go. If you go even smaller, be aware that you get less brightness/lumens and shorter run times, and also not enough lumens to have the light effectively seen during the day, if daytime visibility is important vs nighttime.

This option is smaller and has better flash options than the l&m urban series. Cateye Volt 500 XC. It weighs 95 grams. It could work on many helmets or aerobar extensions, as the clamp rotates 90 degrees.

http://www.cateye.com/...s/detail/HL-EL080RC/
Last edited by: wetswimmer99: Mar 27, 17 18:23
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Light and motion as mentioned or most of the Bontrager lights will mount in a similar way.

I'll be using an Ion 700 on a Speed Concept shortly.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
apache wrote:
Hi Folks,

Looking for a light for my front bar to increase my visual signature to cars. Post your recommendation(s) for a light that is: light, small in size, and aero bar mount friendly.

Thanks!!

G

I've been running one of these for several years and constantly receive comments from people regarding how "visible" it makes me. They're on sale for $9.95 at the moment. A really bright flash, USB charging plus a really long run time make it a super unit.
https://www.amazon.com/...-Cable/dp/B00GR7DABQ

They're about half the size of this picture.

Hugh

Genetics load the gun, lifestyle pulls the trigger.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want small and versatile mounting check out the Cateye Rapid X2 or X3. I use the white X3 on a fork blade, but it mounts with o rings and I'm sure it will go across an aerobar too. Great for making you visible to oncoming or crossing vehicles.
Quote Reply