Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

What is the Hoka equivalent of a 'less cushioned Bondi'?
Quote | Reply
I've been running in Bondis for a couple years now and love them. But I can't figure out what Hoka's slightly less cushioned model is - does anyone know?

For the record I tried the Cliftons about a year and a half ago and hated them - they fit completely differently. All I'm looking for is the same fit (or closest possible) with a little less cush.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the Hoka equivalent of a 'less cushioned Bondi'? [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try the Claytons or possibly the Hupana depending on how much less cushioning you want.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the Hoka equivalent of a 'less cushioned Bondi'? [mattyboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a bigger guy so I used the Bondi for the cushioning and support and love them. The new Ahari is very similar, slightly less cushion and a little more flexible, and they are available in wide sizes too (some reviews have the shoes as nice but narrow). I'm picking up another pair this Friday. Definitely worth a look.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I use Bondi 3's for training and Clifton 2/3 for racing. Honestly don't find the fit all that different if you use 2 inserts for Bondis.

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Second the Arahis. Less cushion, a little more stability, have done a few runs in them now and they feel great.
Quote Reply
Re: What is the Hoka equivalent of a 'less cushioned Bondi'? [roubaixman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran a half-marathon in the Arahi's last Saturday. The cushioning was really nice.

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: What is the Hoka equivalent of a 'less cushioned Bondi'? [Schwcl2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 For Clifton and Claytons. I did IMLP in Bondi's and loved them. These days I race in the latter, I like the extra bit of support he Claytons provide.

AV8 | Team Wattie Ink Elite 2019
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds like Arahi's or Clayton's are worth checking out. I double checked and I also have the Cliftons (I think 2.0?) but can't stand them - the last seems completely different.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To answer my own post, at least for my feet, the answer is Clayton 2s. I tried basically all the Hokas - Clifton, Vanquish, Tracer, etc. and the only one that was even close was the Clayton. I now have my 5-10k race day solution!
Quote Reply