Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Specialized S-Works Trivent Repair
Quote | Reply
I'm hoping that somebody here can help me out with an issue with my racing shoes. I've had these for just 2 seasons and during training in the winter the back loop tore where it was attached to the "draw bridge". The material is a weird rubbery feel to it and I'm not sure what or who I can take these to for a repair.

Are there any people who've had a similar failure on these? For $500 I was expecting these to last a very very very long time and I'm pretty disappointed that it's less than 10 races and they are now mangled. I take good care of them cleaning them with warm water and soap (no harsh chemicals) and ensuring they were left out of the sun in the original box between races.

Any help would be appreciated.

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Last edited by: PushThePace: Mar 22, 17 9:35
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works Trivent Repair [PushThePace] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
probably first thing is to speak with specialized about it and see what they suggest.

You can certainly make a workaround for it, not sure what the material is though. :/

My Blog - http://leegoocrap.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Contact Specialized to see if they can repair them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The S-Works Trivents are up to $500 a pair now??? Wow that is incredible, but frankly this is a niche triathlon shoe for just as you put it, racing. Not saying this issue shouldn't happen, but the features of this shoe are built for racing triathlon and may have made some sacrifices in other areas that likely affect long-term durability. For a shoe that is probably really slow, aerodynamically, anyway, I wouldn't be to concerned about it.

Fwiw, I have never washed my shoes. I figure they get enough washing from wet races.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My both shoes are now torn. After I've torn the first one, shoes were 9 or 10 months old, but since it's my only pair of shoes they were used on a daily basis.
I've send a compliment to the shop where I've bought them and they send it further to Spec HQ in Netherlands. The official answer from Specialized was that it was mechanical damage and since shoes are dedicated for triathlon it implies frequent contact with water salt and prolonged moisture what led to excessive wear. Warranty doesn't cover mechanical damage and excessive wear. My friend from LBS knows someone from marketing dep. and ask that guy to try to persuade responsible person to rethink it once again, but with no luck.
I didn't have time to follow legal path and now I'm riding with two torn loop. The worst thing is that I really like those shoes, but Spec attitude to this case discourages me from buying anything from them. Especially so expensive as those shoes.

Last edited by: michalp: Mar 22, 17 10:28
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works Trivent Repair [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That was the cost in Canadian currency before I got them out the door. $449+13% sales tax 2 years ago (should have mentioned that). I've got other shoes and I hear what you're saying about them but considering they were well cared for, not raced in long course (10 races were Sprints or Olympic) it is just a poor quality product.

I've got Bont Zero+ but those have the issue of the back hitting the ground as I come into transition wearing off the soft material material which bonds to the outter leather (see image below). Its a loose loose situation and for shoes in this price range it's tough to keep sacrificing them due to poor design. Perhaps it's time to get a set of cheapies that I don't care about trashing. Or maybe I can find a rear "sleeve" to protect the shoes from this.

------
Last edited by: PushThePace: Mar 22, 17 11:04
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works Trivent Repair [michalp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That first image is exactly what happen to mine. I'm going tot take them to a shoe repair shop since this was your experience. No sense stressing out and arguing with Specialized if that is their stance on their product.

Thanks for your insights and the detailed images you posted

------
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works Trivent Repair [michalp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
michalp wrote:
My both shoes are now torn. After I've torn the first one, shoes were 9 or 10 months old, but since it's my only pair of shoes they were used on a daily basis.

It looks like you not only rode them outside but stored them outside.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mine broke after 4ish years. Imjust stitched it back together. I am not pulling on that loop to get in the shoe. Jist need it so the magnet works with the heel flap staying open.

They're now my crappy weather shoe.

Got another brand new pair size 44 that I'd sell you for next to nothing. If that helps...
Quote Reply
Re: Specialized S-Works Trivent Repair [Xing triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Xing triathlete wrote:
michalp wrote:

It looks like you not only rode them outside but stored them outside.

I can see you're an expert in ruber materials, but this time your expertise is unfortunate wrong. I ride mainly on turbo.
Last edited by: michalp: Mar 23, 17 2:39
Quote Reply