Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Which lightweight triathlon shoes would you recommend?
Quote | Reply
I'm about to buy a new pair of triathlon/5k/10k racing shoes. I compete in 5k's up to half marathons and HIM's. I want a lightweight, fast running shoe. I have been looking at the Newton MV3's, Saucony Type A, and the Saucony Endorphin Racer 2. Any thoughts or recommendations? I have a running background and converted to triathlon.
Quote Reply
Re: Which lightweight triathlon shoes would you recommend? [Pennstate506] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have and sometimes race in the Saucony Type A, but switched over to mainly running in Hoka shoes a couple of years ago. I've done my recent races (5k to HM) in Clifton's. When I set a 5k PR in December of 2015 I wore the Type A as I knew every ounce mattered. As a former runner (college?) you'd probably be fine in a more minimal shoe like the Type A. I did find that I needed a 1/2 size larger compared to the Kinvaras I normally used to run in. I haven't run in Newton's, but know it takes a little while to get accustomed to the lugs on the bottom.

Blog: http://262toboylstonstreet.blogspot.com/
https://twitter.com/NateThomasTri
Coaching: https://bybtricoaching.com/ - accepting athletes for 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Which lightweight triathlon shoes would you recommend? [Pennstate506] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have run in the Newtons as the TriRacer (based on the MV platform) and I was not happy with them. The fit was too large, the webbing in the toe-box a bit rough which lead to me rubbing off layers of skin. That is not the only issues however. Every time I ran in them I got a blister across the bottom of my metatarsals. I really wanted to love them but they ended up being a flop for me. Add to that their exuberant price and they've now become walk around shoes.

If I were you I'd look into the Asics Hyperspeed 7. They are super light, have gel technology to help with support and they have fairly good traction. I also race in the Skora Fit which is also a lightweight fast 0 dop shoe. That being said the Type A was a good shoe on my shopping list but I was in between sizes. 8 was too small and 8.5 too big for my feet.

Hyperspeed
Fits

------
"Train so you have no regrets @ the finish line"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to race in the Type As but the last two years I have been on Aspics Hyperspeeds. Really liked the Type As but LOVE the Hyperspeeds. They are super light but also have a little bit of cushion which I really like. I didn't think the fit was that much different in how the shoe was made but I feel like either way is a good way to go.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really dig my Brooks T7 Racers:
http://www.brooksrunning.com/...ing-flat/100019.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pennstate506 wrote:
I'm about to buy a new pair of triathlon/5k/10k racing shoes. I compete in 5k's up to half marathons and HIM's. I want a lightweight, fast running shoe. I have been looking at the Newton MV3's, Saucony Type A, and the Saucony Endorphin Racer 2. Any thoughts or recommendations? I have a running background and converted to triathlon.

Nike Lunaracer. Light enough at 185 grams but offer so much cushioning and used by many for the marathon. The Lunaracer 3 can be found pretty steeply discounted with the new Lunaracer 4 out now.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks guys. I'll take a look at a few of the mentioned shoes and their reviews.
Quote Reply