Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anybody know someone that makes custom seatposts?
Quote | Reply
I recently got a great deal on a tt bike, but the seatpost is just too short. Anybody know of a place that will make a custom length seatpost?

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know someone that makes custom seatposts? [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Was the seatpost cut?
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know someone that makes custom seatposts? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, turns out orbea just makes abnormally small seatposts.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know someone that makes custom seatposts? [aerobean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would contact Orbea and see if they have a solution.
Quote Reply
Re: Anybody know someone that makes custom seatposts? [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did and the response was not great. The general thought was no, but they'll ask around. Seems totally bizarre to me

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would make an aluminum extension that could be bonded into your seatpost.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How does one do that? Would it have any impact on the carbon frame?

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A machine shop should be able to mill it out of solid block for less than $200.

It would not affect the frame.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the advice, just reached out to a local shop here in Boulder. Hopefully somebody agrees to do it.

Team Zoot 2023
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I forgot to mention that you might want to get it anodized before bonding it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I work with machine shops periodically. I know several fabricators that would pass on a job like this if they knew what was for. Draw what you need, give them pieces, etc. They may say know if they don't feel like they want to take on the liability of anything they see as sketchy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ruckus Composites in Portland can help you. Look at some of their carbon repair projects and you'll see it's right up their alley.

http://www.ruckuscomp.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Calfee should also be able to add some length to your carbon seatpost.
Quote Reply