Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Learning curve from 1st to 2nd IM
Quote | Reply
I've posted several times on here looking at which IM I'd like to do next. My first was last year(IMLOU) kind of impulsively signed up after not competing for 5 years, and managed well... until the marathon. Made a horrible mistake by not wearing a gps and went out far too fast. Like sub 6 per mile the first 4 or 5 miles (stupid.. I know). Didn't really think about it at the time because I felt great. Obviously it hit me later in the run.

Anyway, I've put some solid time in over the last few months prepping for my first 70.3 in May but I'm really considering IM Texas for a late attempt at a Kona slot.

I figured same fitness, elements, etc, naturally, one should have a considerable improvement from their first to 2nd IM. it seems you can learn so much about what to and what not to do and the race is so damn long you have a better idea of how to mentally prepare.

So, for ST, what kind of improvements did you see from your first to 2nd IM... if any?

USAT Level II- Ironman U Certified Coach
Quote Reply
Re: Learning curve from 1st to 2nd IM [Im-a-miler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IM Texas is 22 April 2017. I'm curious why you consider that a "late" attempt"? Regardless, any improvement holding the course and weather conditions constant, will only come from having trained better, and executing the race better. How much a difference that makes depends on how the individual. My personal opinion is that you are already a month behind in IM specific build training if you are still thinking about IM Texas at this late date.
Quote Reply