Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar H7 vs Wahoo TICKR X HRM for Apple watch
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I was curious to get any opinions from people who may have experience with the two HRM straps above for the Apple Watch Series 2?

They both are about the same price and they both seem to have good reviews. Not sure if any subtle differences between the two? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H7 vs Wahoo TICKR X HRM for Apple watch [Izlude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can't speak to the Polar. I have the Tickr X. It connects to my iPhone reliably and the HR data seems fine but I question the validity of the pace for indoor treadmill runs (and by question I mean I know it's absolute shite). The cadence info varies a surprising amount for steady state runs but I'd imagine, for me, the average ends up being accurate.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H7 vs Wahoo TICKR X HRM for Apple watch [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Honestly, it's a total wash when it comes to Apple Watch connectivity between those two. They're both only going to use the baseline BPM/HR data, that's it.

Where you can get more interesting is if you plan to use the straps for other purposes. For example, if you have Zwift on older Windows PC, then likely using ANT+ will be quicker, which the TICKR has (but the H7 doesn't). Or if you have any other Garmin device, then again, ANT+ might be helpful.

I haven't seen any tangible difference between the two when it comes to baseline HR readings. But I'd just pickup the TICKR purely because it has the dual ANT+/BLE, which gives you more flexibility down the road.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't beat the DCRainmaker explanation, but I'd just get the regular Tickr over the X. The X is pretty pointless and just extra $$$. But this is a tri site so I assume you'll spend it.

https://markmcdermott.substack.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Polar H7 includes a "GymLink" (500 MHz) radio also, so it will work with most treadmills, bikes, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar H7 vs Wahoo TICKR X HRM for Apple watch [marklemcd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
marklemcd wrote:
Can't beat the DCRainmaker explanation, but I'd just get the regular Tickr over the X. The X is pretty pointless and just extra $$$. But this is a tri site so I assume you'll spend it.

I'd agree with that.

-
My tiny little slice of the internets: dcrainmaker.com
Quote Reply