Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Brooks [tessar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
coates_hbk wrote:
I use the launch for longer runs, training runs etc. Its my go to shoe for everything but racing.

Amen. What a shoe - haven't met a runner who didn't get along with the Launch. The ultimate to-go shoe, it just feels right.

Just looked up the Launch. Looks good. Will have to try them after these Nikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
coates_hbk wrote:
I use the launch for longer runs, training runs etc. Its my go to shoe for everything but racing.

Amen. What a shoe - haven't met a runner who didn't get along with the Launch. The ultimate to-go shoe, it just feels right.

Make me the first, then.

I've put about 50 miles on mine, developed a weird inward torsion of my lower leg that led to swelling in the metatarsal-region of my foot. I will be sending them back today. Furthermore, the toebox is super narrow and I've developed nasty calluses on my toes from having them slammed together.

I've ran in the pure line for 5 years—each subsequent model has declined in quality and fit. I truly don't know what I'm going to buy next. I'm done with Brooks. Absolutely garbage quality.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Last edited by: cloy26: Feb 23, 17 7:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tessar wrote:
coates_hbk wrote:

Those shoes were my holy grail until they made them narrower for the v2. I had to lace the originals a bit creatively to make the forefoot wide enough in the original edition but absolutely loved them for everything from road to rail trail - even an 8-hour ultra on a 232m cement track. Now I'm down to my last rapidly-deteriorating 2 pairs and still without a real replacement shoe for high mileage road stuff. Fortunately I do most of my long runs on trail these days, but I mourn the death of my favourite shoe..

Quote | Reply
Quote:
I will be sending them back today.

Woah! What shoe retailer will take them back after 50 miles?
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks [SBRinSD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SBRinSD wrote:
I've been thinking about orthotics. The tread on the outside of the heel is where it wears the quickest. With the pure flow you start eating into the foam shortly thereafter.

Did you go custom or did off the shelf orthotics do the trick?

I went with custom orthotics. I wouldn't waste time with off the shelf versions, but that's just me. I wore through my shoes fast and suffered terrible shin splint pain. I got orthotics for my running shoes and a 1/2 length pair for my work shoes. My orthopodist said it may take a few months for my fee to adjust and for the pain to go away. He was wrong. My pain relief was instant and it's been perfect ever since! The only time I have trouble is when I don't wear them (ie sandals or barefoot)

Mine are 25 years old now and they are finally getting a little thin at the heel pad. I need to get new ones but hey 25 years from them is pretty awesome. That works out to about 0.00000fk-nothin per mile of running.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks [nickwhite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nickwhite wrote:
Quote:

Running warehouse.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks [cloy26] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Quote:

Running warehouse.

Wow, that's a pretty stellar return policy! I remember my LRS had a "wear it outside, it's yours" policy. I just looked at their website, and I see they've improved it to a 30 day exchange. I might be a little more apt to experiment around now that retailers have much better policies than a few years back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
nickwhite wrote:
Quote:

Running warehouse.

My local running shop, Runners Roost, will take back shoes up to two weeks. Can't beat that with a stick.

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cloy26 wrote:
I use the T7 for racing the pure-line for daily training. WIth that said, I'm open to suggestions to a new shoe. Brooks has consistently put out a worse shoe every year. The first/second generation of the pure line was amazing. Now? They are giving me foot problems. I'm over giving them my business. I need something soft with small drop and a wide toebox.

Purecadence 2 was for me the pinnacle and I mourn the loss deeply. Not many miles left in my last pair. Sadness.

Nearest thing I found ... low heel drop, fair cushioning, lightweight, small amount of pronation support ... is the Adizero Tempo. Since Boost-ed, which I'm not convinced is an improvement. And they aren't as flat (9mm vs 4mm drop I think).

If anybody knows another show that meets the above criteria please tell me immediately!
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm marathon training now with high mileage weekly of 75-90 mpw.

Had some bad foot pain earlier in the cycle from all the impact that was getting alarming for a stress fracture. I then switched over to a new pair of Brooks Transcend 3 motion control shoes. I rarely say this about shoes, but they instantly cured nearly all my foot pain issues. I suspect with the big miles in training, the motion control shoes keep you from getting a sloppy footstrike when you're late in the game, and it really made a difference for me. When I first put it on, I though 'wow, this is a built up shoe' since I normally wear neutral or even minimalist shoes, but gotta admit, for the big mileage training, a motion control shoe like the Transcend 3 is the way to go.

(I can wear nearly anything if I'm doing typical triathete run training of about 25mpw.)
Quote Reply
Re: Brooks [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're going to want to consider the Saucony Freedom ISO. IMO, it replaces the old Mirage with a touch of support, with a really fun Boost-esque ride. The only issue would be volume of the fit of the upper.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply

Prev Next