Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 1x Chainring availability [BigBoyND] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
looks really good with the carbon cover. i checked their website and it doesn't look like WolfTooth makes a carbon chainring. I've reached out to Fibre-lyte and they'll be able to make basically whatever I want, any tooth size, different carbon layouts/finishes, all kinds of diameters, etc. A few people have posted their setups on here, but I'd also be interested in seeing others.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring availability [casper3043] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's correct. I wanted WolfTooth quality but they don't make a solid ring,so I asked Aden-Carbon to make the cover. I'm really happy with it. Total price even came out to less than a Rotor NOQ1 ring (which doesn't come in 46t)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought Glen had shut things down. Is he back up?

My YouTubes

Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring availability [LAI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I didn't know he was down, but he certainly delivered on this order.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats a sweet combi. How is the carbon cover attached to the Wolftooth chainring? just by the chainring bolts or with sticky tape as advice on Alden's website?

was just think, it its attached between the chairing and the spider, won't the cover at like a spacer and affect the chainline?
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring availability [Cloudberrie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cloudberrie wrote:
Thats a sweet combi. How is the carbon cover attached to the Wolftooth chainring? just by the chainring bolts or with sticky tape as advice on Alden's website?

was just think, it its attached between the chairing and the spider, won't the cover at like a spacer and affect the chainline?

I used glue instead of double sided tape.

No, I use a Rotor Flow crankset. The carbon is on the outside, and the chainring/arms mate on the back side.

Last edited by: BigBoyND: Oct 14, 19 19:06
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Cloudberrie wrote:

I used glue instead of double sided tape.

No, I use a Rotor Flow crankset. The carbon is on the outside, and the chainring/arms mate on the back side.

Oh... Nice! Thanks for the clarification. Gonna see if I can get a similar carbon cover from alden once I confirm my chainring size. Still trying to work out the gearing I need. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What kind of glue did you use? I'd want the bond to be reliable but not permanently destructive to the chainring. Not sure what adhesive if any fits that bill.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring availability [DeanV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DeanV wrote:
What brands of 1x specific chainrings are available?
Do any of them offset the chainring so that when bolted to a conventional 2x crankset the chain line will be centred with the rear cassette?

https://www.pyramidcycledesign.co.uk/ Or https://www.kappstein.de/...ucts/chainrings/?L=1

Look no further.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BigBoyND wrote:
Update: I decided to stick with WolfTooth due to their reputation in 1x, or at least my perception of their reputation based on ST (are they the "best?"). I then asked Glen at Alden Carbon make a cover for it.

That looks good!

I made a cover for a Litepro ring out of black fiberglass sheet. Same idea. Good bit of work involved getting it right.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring availability [tttiltheend] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not sure what you mean by permanently destructive. Would you be taking the cover on and off? I glued it permanently with a strong epoxy. Since the cover was very reasonably priced, I would just order another when the chainring wears out and I need a new one. By then I may want a different size anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring availability [Ohio_Roadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pyramid looks good if you want 52t or bigger. Kappstein only offers 42t in NW configuration, it seems.
Quote Reply
Re: 1x Chainring availability [DeanV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone make a NW 144 bcd chainring? Track cranksets have nice low q factors but most use 144 bcd
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The thread may have gone a bit stale, but does anyone have good solutions for reducing 1x drivetrain noise?

I'm running a 50t garbaruk ring right now (I know, people are saying it's loud) and an older 10s ultegra mech on the back, and it's super loud in the top few sprockets where the chain exits the chainring. All the teeth look uniform, so I don't think it needs a dremel like some mentioned in the past. And my wolftooth ring (testing my 42t ring from the cross bike) doesn't seem noticeably quieter either. Chainline probably can't move in unless I can space the p2m spider ~0.5mm inboard, but that would take up nearly all chainstay clearance.

Any success stories? Pro tips? Magic component combos?
Last edited by: tkeds: May 15, 20 11:37
Quote Reply

Prev Next