Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [WelshinPhilly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had this desk growing up as a teenager in my parents house. When I moved out I took it apart and labeled each piece. 8 Years later I assembled it for my pain cave.

"If it costs you 30 minutes at Maryland so what" -dwreal
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
You lot are all spoiled, this was my first laptop stand.. some old chairs wrapped in bin liner with a storage crate. Before trainerroad I just used to stare at the gas meter.

That really is a dungeon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, no thanks.

I have a TV directly in front of me. My PC is set up with a swivel-wall mount so I can bring the monitor from the desk closer to the TV/Bike set-up (to the side a bit). and as far as holding crap....I'm a fan of the bar stool to hold my wireless keyboard /w touchpad and TV/roku remotes.
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I agree it is a joke. Frankly, I spent $50 on the following medical table and it was easily the best $50 I spent all last year.

http://www.thomasgerlach.com/2016/10/best-indoor-trainer-cycling-stand-desk.html

My first workout table was a music stand. Used that for quite a few years and it works great. Then I saw Gerlach's review of this table. Ordered it ASAP. My wife is a nurse, so she laughed pretty hard when she saw I had a hospital bed table next to my bike. Asked if I wanted a bed pan. I said no, I just pee directly on my bike like a grown ass man. But seriously, the "Thomas Table" rocks. I love it. Thanks for publicizing it, man!

----------------------------------------------------------
Zen and the Art of Triathlon. Strava Workout Log
Interviews with Chris McCormack, Helle Frederikson, Angela Naeth, and many more.
http://www.zentriathlon.com
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [ZenTriBrett] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ZenTriBrett wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:
I agree it is a joke. Frankly, I spent $50 on the following medical table and it was easily the best $50 I spent all last year.

http://www.thomasgerlach.com/2016/10/best-indoor-trainer-cycling-stand-desk.html

My first workout table was a music stand. Used that for quite a few years and it works great. Then I saw Gerlach's review of this table. Ordered it ASAP. My wife is a nurse, so she laughed pretty hard when she saw I had a hospital bed table next to my bike. Asked if I wanted a bed pan. I said no, I just pee directly on my bike like a grown ass man. But seriously, the "Thomas Table" rocks. I love it. Thanks for publicizing it, man!

Thanks for the kinds words. I wonder if you pull a Neal and serve her up Valentine's day breakfast on it if she will still be laughing.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [knighty76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
knighty76 wrote:
Before trainerroad I just used to stare at the gas meter.

This is the best thing I've read all week.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Life is tough. But it's tougher when you're stupid. -John Wayne
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Folding TV table for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I prop my iPad on my aerobars and stream Netflix. Don't need no steenkin' table.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ironing board for me. Gives me a lot of space so I can add fan and some drink bottles.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [scofflaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
scofflaw wrote:
knighty76 wrote:
You lot are all spoiled, this was my first laptop stand.. some old chairs wrapped in bin liner with a storage crate. Before trainerroad I just used to stare at the gas meter.

Not bad, all you need is a fern

Yeah, the cracked floor with ground water seeping through is FIERCE!
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [Thomas Gerlach] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

Boom! Thomas for the win right there. Thanks for the idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a carbon fiber version?
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
xtrpickels wrote:
knighty76 wrote:

This is next-level ghetto.
Probably makes you stronger.

I actually think it makes you weaker.

It's pretty hard to get fired about about spending hours and hours in a pain cave when it looks like that.

I've trained a lot indoors on everything, and one of the biggest factors in terms of making it happen consistently is having a setup that you actually look forward (well, as much as you can look forward to a hammerfest like a 2 x 20 @ FTP) to.

Hopefully this setup has been amply upgraded!
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [TriBiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriBiker wrote:
Folding TV table for me.

My set up is similar, folding Tinker Bell table (equip with still glued on glitter) from when my daughter was younger, and my kindle fire on my aerobars.

I still lapped everyone on the couch!
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
M~ wrote:
lol....I saw that a while ago as well and was laughing.

http://www.ikea.com/...g/products/40242766/ with a power bar.....done.

I ask for this very same stand for Christmas for the very same reason. Works great. Just need to add the power bar
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I keep trying to find something that works for rollers. Might need to mount something right onto my bars.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WelshinPhilly wrote:
And that fern thread is gold.

Wow that was some bizarre stuff.

To breathe, to feel, to know I'm alive.
Quote Reply
Re: In "Triathletes will buy anything" news.. [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe wrote:
Thomas Gerlach wrote:

Boom! Thomas for the win right there. Thanks for the idea.

You are more than welcome - glad I can save people a few bucks for what I feel is a better solution to begin with. A couple of people have messaged me about modifying them as well and adding their own powerstrips.

Save: $50 on Speed Hound Recovery Boots | $20 on Air Relax| $100 on Normatec| 15% on Most Absorbable Magnesium

Blogs: Best CHEAP Zwift / Bike Trainer Desk | Theragun G3 vs $140 Bivi Percussive Massager | Normatec Pulse 2.0 vs Normatec Pulse | Speed Hound vs Normatec | Air Relax vs Normatec | Q1 2018 Blood Test Results | | Why HED JET+ Is The BEST value wheelset
Quote Reply

Prev Next