Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Keywin pedals...tell me your thoughts.
Quote | Reply
I need a longer spindle length, and speedplay just doesn't get along with my feet. Does anyone have thoughts on Keywin pedals, or any other SPD-SL 'esque pedal with spindle options?
Quote Reply
Re: Keywin pedals...tell me your thoughts. [ibetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know about the SPD-SL plus 4 option?

I use Keywins in the narrowest axle length (-6), in fact all of my family (those who race bikes) do.
The carbon model have moved to using bushings instead of bearings which is giving me mild angst about whether there has been an increase in friction for the sake of 3mm lower stack.
Keywin make it very easy to dial in fit as apart from the range of axle lengths they also have cheap cleat wedges and shims, there is good adjustment on the cleats too so they're a great option from a fitters perspective.

Everything on them is replaceable, with the caution that I usually replace the bodies on my main pedals every year so there is an ongoing maintenance cost with them.

Full disclosure - I'm in New Zealand and Keywins are still made here and I used to ride with the founder when I started doing bunch riding. I'm quite a fan of the brand.
Quote Reply
Re: Keywin pedals...tell me your thoughts. [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the Shimano longer axle option is only available at the dura-ace level pedal....
Quote Reply
Re: Keywin pedals...tell me your thoughts. [lyrrad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's come down to Ultegra now.
When they bought the force pedals design for their fit bike they started to realise that one axle length doesn't cut it
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
would this work for you?

http://www.niagaracycle.com/categories/sunlite-pedal-extenders-9-16-pedal-9-16-crank-27-5mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ibetri wrote:
I need a longer spindle length, and speedplay just doesn't get along with my feet. Does anyone have thoughts on Keywin pedals, or any other SPD-SL 'esque pedal with spindle options?

How much longer axles do you need?
Quote Reply
Re: Keywin pedals...tell me your thoughts. [Bdaghisallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+ 10 - 12 mm
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have two pair of Keywin pedals on my road and tri bikes. I do still use Look Keo, but that is only because that bike is a Look 596 with Zed cranks. Otherwise I would use Keywin exclusively.

I really like the very secure cleat/pedal interface, with float provided between the pedal and axle. The system is rather light (I think) and is low profile. Keywin's have the axle length options, which is very nice option. Overall, great pedal system that really does not have a strong presence in USA.

ibetri wrote:
Quote Reply
Re: Keywin pedals...tell me your thoughts. [mfrassica] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://weightweenies.starbike.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90491&hilit=keywin+crm

There's a lot of good info on Keywins in this thread on WWeenies.
Quote Reply