Prev Next
Re: 8 Days Away, 300 Registered for IM Los Cabos [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Next races on the schedule: none at the moment
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Days Away, 300 Registered for IM Los Cabos [ffmedic84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ffmedic84 wrote:
Looks like it was a tough day...only 3 finishers under 10 hours. Did they go back to the old bike course? That course was a beast the first year.

Very tough. My polar shows 6,676 feet of climbing and the temp read 96 degrees.
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Days Away, 300 Registered for IM Los Cabos [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Those were the projected slot allocations.... not the actual allocation based off finishers.

edit: And on 2nd thought.... those projected slots don't look right either.

anyone have any better info??
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Days Away, 300 Registered for IM Los Cabos [SDinhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe final slots are based on starters, not finishers, right? Also seems odd that mens and womens slots mimic each other. That doesn't seem to follow the convention.
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Days Away, 300 Registered for IM Los Cabos [mstange22] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edit nevermind

blog
Last edited by: stevej: Oct 31, 16 11:51
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not sure where this guy gets the stats from but he posts for every IM. As you can see, little more than 1/3 of last year's participation. Not sure whether the slot allocation he shows is final as well....

http://www.coachcox.co.uk/2016/10/31/ironman-los-cabos-2016-age-group-results-kona-qualification/

808 > NYC > PDX > YVR
2024 Races: Taupo
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's wrong, always based on starters
http://www.ironmanloscabos.com/wordpress/index.php/slot-allocation/

"The final allocation will be determined on race day based on the number of athletes who really starts competition in each category.
If any of the categories does not have any athlete register, the Slot for this category will be assigned to the next category of the same gender."

It's also got typos all over about "registering for the 2017 70.3 WCs in Kona"...
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Days Away, 300 Registered for IM Los Cabos [SDinhofer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks....

I think I got confused since if the AG doesn't have any finishers, no slots goes towards the AG.

Apologies.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any inside information whether this race will continue next year? currently TBD on ironman.com
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Days Away, 300 Registered for IM Los Cabos [TRIspud] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TRIspud wrote:
Any inside information whether this race will continue next year? currently TBD on ironman.com

According to the website.... http://www.ironmanloscabos.com/wordpress/index.php

The race is October 29. Registration starts Nov 28. No mention of any changes.

I have a really hard time believing that the full will happen and it will include Kona spots. I think either the race will be converted to just a 70.3 and no full or the full will still happen but no Kona spots will be offered. My 2 cents....

I didn't want to wait until the end of November to find out and risk IMFL and IMAZ being sold out. So I went ahead and signed up for IMFL.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Their FB page says Oct 29th with reg opening on Nov 28th, awa gold members get to spend their money a whole week earlier and register on the 21st. I think they need to move it to March to get more people.

By the way someone posted the wrong allocation earlier in this thread so posting the photos I took here. There were 5 in male 35 to 39 out of 38 starters. Since this is my age group I paid attention and first 5 slots went in order, slowest KQ time was 10:45. in the 45-55 range you could be 11 to 11:20 and qualify for the last spot.

Also the shot of the DQs attached here. You think this is Mexico and you can get away with crossing the finish with your kids? Nope, 2 Dqs for that.
Last edited by: CP78: Nov 6, 16 0:48
Quote Reply
Re: 8 Days Away, 300 Registered for IM Los Cabos [CP78] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My teammate who won F25-29 took her slot--it didn't roll

leslie myers
http://www.foodsensenow.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next