Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Rudy Project sunglasses in Tampa
Quote | Reply
Have gone to their website, and there are not many dealers listed in Tampa. Is there anyone in Tampa that knows where to purchase Rudy sunglasses? I'd like to go see them in person rather than buying them online. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project sunglasses in Tampa [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One bump only.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not knowing if there any vendors there, I would contact Rudy Customer Service. If you're USAT, there is a discount, and also with their satisfaction policies you can order a few pair and return what you don't like. They are awesome, and I have 7 or 8 pair. Never too many!
Quote Reply
Re: Rudy Project sunglasses in Tampa [ggeiger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's an okay idea, it's just that their glasses are about 150/pair. Not sure if I want to do that zeven with the return policy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I understand. Any particular type you're looking for? Some of us with multiple pairs could offer some advice. They always have clearance models too.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
no idea. my face and head must be a weird size. so i feel like i need to try them on. doesn't feel like any pattern to the fit either.

EDIT: The tifosi Seek, i think that fits nicely......and i may just get that.
Last edited by: mjpwooo: Oct 22, 16 12:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's the awesome thing about the Rudy's.....you can adjust most to your face. I just wondered because I have a narrow face that sometimes is tough to fit, like swim goggles. Well, if I can be of any help, just let me know as I have a number of them and never have too many. They also run pretty good clearance deals.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i really appreciate your replies, gg.

looking at the site, there are three 'models' that I like, i just can't tell what's the difference...maybe you could offer some insight.

1) Genetyk
2) Rydon
3) Proflow

Again, thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am glad to help. I have 2 of those; the Genetyk and Rydon. The Genetyk is a one piece lens that goes completely across. Mine came (and I think they all do) with a racing red and a blue flash lens. It seems to be a wider lens with good coverage. The Rydon is their most popular model and offers probably the largest selection of extra lenses. I even have a pair of readers in mine to see those little m]numbers on my Garmin. It's slightly smaller than the Genetyk. Just personal preference, but I like the Rydons much more. I used them usually on the bike set up high so they work well in aero, until I switched this year to the new Tralyx. It appears the Proflow is somewhat similar to the Rydon, but with more coverage Bigger) lenses. One other cool aspect to Rudy is my Rydons were an very old model, and I talked with them about the newer features at an expo. At the time I wasn't aware, but for I think ($29) I sent the model in and got a completely overhauled pair with the new features. As I said I have a large number of them and just gave my son a pair that are probably at least 15 years old. They really last, so that helps me justify them. As I live in the midwest where the days are short, I really love the new photo chromatic lenses and never run or ride with eye protection.

Please feel free to ask any more questions, and I'd be more than happy to help as I can. I appreciate your questions....

mjpwooo wrote:
i really appreciate your replies, gg.

looking at the site, there are three 'models' that I like, i just can't tell what's the difference...maybe you could offer some insight.

1) Genetyk
2) Rydon
3) Proflow

Again, thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Many thanks.

With the USAT discount, the proflow was just $90 more than the tifosi. So I bought them yesterday. I will return if they don't work.

I got the polarized photochromatic gray lenses, which is exactly what I wanted.

Excited to get them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Let me know how you like the Proflow, as I was thinking about picking up a pair. The photochromatic are really awesome, and I have moved to use them more than the others. I think you'll love them. If you need any more help or opinions, feel free to let me know.

Enjoy....

mjpwooo wrote:
Many thanks.

With the USAT discount, the proflow was just $90 more than the tifosi. So I bought them yesterday. I will return if they don't work.

I got the polarized photochromatic gray lenses, which is exactly what I wanted.

Excited to get them.
Quote Reply