Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P5 Etap Blipbox fitting [RangerGress] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Put it into a bento behind the stem and it never sees the light of day.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Etap Blipbox fitting [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:

Busy building a new P5 w/ eTap and exactly what I'm doing. Hidden from the wind and sweat.
Will wrap it in rubber / plastic for extra protection from moisture. I do lose space in my Bento for a couple gels but worth it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Etap Blipbox fitting [GrumpyBob] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there any chance the Blipbox could fit under the step cover plate? I'd rather not have to look at it.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Etap Blipbox fitting [danen1973] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
danen1973 wrote:
RangerGress wrote:
I've been looking around the web for pics of Blipbox installations. The pics in this thread all have the box in the standard location, right where the sweat pours off of you. In my experience, sweat is pretty tough on things. Are folks pretty comfortable that the Blipbox is so rugged that we can pour sweat on it hour after hour and it will be ok?

I have the same concerns. My sweat must be extra tough because it corroded most of the screws on the 3T Aduro. I've ordered a new P5 six with Etap but I didn't realize that box was so large. Is there a chance that sweat will get into cable connections and mess up the connection?
I ultimately put the Blipbox on the top tube. Then I cut a piece of sandwich bag plastic and taped it around the box and it's cable connectors. Can still see and access the buttons fine, but it's pretty well protected. Might take a loss in a few concours points tho.

Books @ Amazon
"If only he had used his genius for niceness, instead of Evil." M. Smart
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
*Stem cover plate
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
danen1973 wrote:
Is there any chance the Blipbox could fit under the step cover plate? I'd rather not have to look at it.

Not even close.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i wonder why they havent yet made a silicone cover for it
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Etap Blipbox fitting [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What about the cables? Do they not get in the way when steering? Seems like they would rub and create problems.

SAvan wrote:
BMANX wrote:

Busy building a new P5 w/ eTap and exactly what I'm doing. Hidden from the wind and sweat.
Will wrap it in rubber / plastic for extra protection from moisture. I do lose space in my Bento for a couple gels but worth it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
    "What about the cables? Do they not get in the way when steering? Seems like they would rub and create problems."

I did end up having to cut and modify my bento box a bit - its the hard Profile Design Attck - to make some clearance for the cables to move back and forth with steering. The cables are long enough that steering isn't restricted. I think this will however depend on your set-up, what box you use, spacers, etc.
I then put some electrical tape around the cables where they exit the stem to protect them from rubbing.
Will try post a photo at some point.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P5 Etap Blipbox fitting [SAvan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 3T Aduro High Mount on my p5, so I had to find a way to mount the blipbox. I designed and 3d printed a mount that attaches to the aduro bridge via a 5mm screw.

I've made it available to 3d print from shapeways.com https://www.shapeways.com/...elo-p5-with-3t-aduro for $35.

It uses the standard garmin mounting system, so you can alternatively mount your garmin on it.

http://www.custombikexcessories.com
Instagram
Facebook
Quote Reply

Prev Next