Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Anyone run in the Adidas TakumiSen?
Quote | Reply
Big fan of the Adios and Boston Boost, looking at snagging a pair of TakumiSen for racing. For reference, I am 150# and pretty efficient.

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone run in the Adidas TakumiSen? [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great shoe. I wore them in the NYC Marathon as well as Olympic Distance and HIM. It's definitely doable for a marathon, but definitely wear them on long runs and a good deal in training. It's got cushion but it's definitely a lot less than say the Boost Boston. More than 5K/10K flat like the Saucony A-series, but I suspect for many (probably most) people, it's not enough for a marathon.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've raced them in half ironman and shorter. Love em. For my first full in boulder this year I went for the adios boost instead. I'm 158 #'s and I never felt they beat me up for lack of cushioning.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Sep 29, 16 8:08
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone run in the Adidas TakumiSen? [denali2001] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
denali2001 wrote:
Great shoe. I wore them in the NYC Marathon as well as Olympic Distance and HIM. It's definitely doable for a marathon, but definitely wear them on long runs and a good deal in training. It's got cushion but it's definitely a lot less than say the Boost Boston. More than 5K/10K flat like the Saucony A-series, but I suspect for many (probably most) people, it's not enough for a marathon.

Looking for half or less distances. Similar sizing to Adios and/or Boston?

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Anyone run in the Adidas TakumiSen? [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sizing for you in each? Good call, I wore the Boston Boost in IMLville last year, but def can go lighter/lower for free standing 13.1, etc. Its just a pricey shoe!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sorry, can't speak to the fit of either of those. The Takumi Sens are definitely racing flat snug.
Quote Reply