Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona Forecast
Quote | Reply
So my wife made the mistake of mentioning to me what the weather forecast looks like for next week.

Is the forecast for kona pretty typical of what it looks like right now (chance of rain almost every day)

https://www.wunderground.com/q/zmw:96740.2.99999

Quote Reply
Re: Kona Forecast [Viper966] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the forecast everyday in Kona. Clouds roll in from the mountain and it gets cloudy in the afternoon but it rarely rains. When it does rain, it never amounts to much. It's going to be hot and humid, that's all you really need to know about the weather.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Low of 69 / High of 83... pfff. Why is everyone complaining about the heat in Kona?
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Forecast [Thom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
im not worried about race day... im worried about the weather leading up toa dn after..

tahts family time, and i want to make sure we didnt get shut inside or something...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As has been mentioned, that's pretty much the forecast every day.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rainy and overcast on the run please!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They said it. Don't worry about the forecast. In fact rain there feels awesome. It doesn't rain much though.

Assume it will be hot and humid, mostly sunny, with an occasional dark cloud over Hualalai (they are almost always up there) rolling down to the coast and causing a little rain.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Viper966 wrote:
im not worried about race day... im worried about the weather leading up toa dn after..

Zero reason to worry about weather in Kona, it's always perfect unless you're trying to run a marathon.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona Forecast [sp1ke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sp1ke wrote:
Low of 69 / High of 83... pfff. Why is everyone complaining about the heat in Kona?

Last year it was 85 every day, then magically 90 on race day. Good times . . . Good times . . .

Proud Member of Chris McDonald's 2018 Big Sexy Race Team "That which doesn't kill me, will only make me stronger"
Blog-Twitter-Instagram-Race Reports - 2018 Races: IM Florida 70.3, IM Raleigh 70.3, IM 70.3 World Championships - South Africa, IM North Carolina 70.3
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Imo, the winds dictate the day. Strong trades and Kona gets cloudy by the afternoon. We've passed the crazy hot end of summer times a couple weeks ago (light to S winds and vog), and are now into our classic trade wind pattern. It's feeling like summer is ending for sure. Last year this crazy hot period seemed to drag on, but this year not so much. This (below) is a good and accurate site for wind data...scroll down to "waikoloa" and pay special attention to "gusts" - anything above 25-30 will mean it's on from waikoloa to kohala. Today was gusts to 40 and bikes were drifting.

http://www.prh.noaa.gov/hnl/pages/ZFP.php
Quote Reply