Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Lionel Sanders addresses drafting again in latest post [CrankyNeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CrankyNeck wrote:
And any changes to the current drafting rules would also benefit those really good swimmers that come out first with a minute or more lead. They would have a better chance to stay away on the bike if they are also good riders instead of being gobbled up by the pack.

That's a good point.

People also don't seem to understand Lionel was referring to a 20m zone exclusively in the pro race (he just clarified that on the Kona TRS radio show). I've heard many, many pros argue for the zoning change and the only reason people are piling on Lionel for this is the timing after the 70.3 WC.

-------------------
Madison photographer Timothy Hughes | Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders addresses drafting again in latest post [CrankyNeck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
And any changes to the current drafting rules would also benefit those really good swimmers that come out first with a minute or more lead.

-------

I disagree. In only that, the more they work to improve the rules to make it "individual" on the bike, it benefits the race much more. If that mean a strong swimmer + biker gets help, or a stud biker/runner who just has to hang on in the swim (where "drafting" has never been an issue) gets help, so be it. The rules have never been designed to stop drafting on swim and run, but they've always worked to do the drafting issues.

If you think current format works, cool. Improving the current setup really isn't about setting them up for XYZ to benefit. No it's about improving the quality of the race.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders addresses drafting again in latest post [B_Doughtie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just thought I'd tee this thread up for the inevitable comments.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Lionel Sanders addresses drafting again in latest post [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If splits are right top 20 after 10k ish into bike all within 32s? Yeah LS is going to be suffering all alone today. Maybe he and Weiss if he had same time can work together.

Brooks Doughtie, M.S.
Exercise Physiology
-USAT Level II
Quote Reply

Prev Next