Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [spasmus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We did like your design............ I will speak to Diaa about the design contract! ;)

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
http://www.ventumracing.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [JimmySeear] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great I will sign it in Kona tomorrow and pack my carbon fiber and resin!! I really do not think I could make another one that fits, I got lucky with this one. A handyman I am not.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JimmySeear wrote:
I understand what you are getting at.

We have had customers order bike with no wheels or saddle before. We can easily do that.

Are you saying you would want us to advertise the fact we an do this? It's even less work for us so I won't complain at all.

I can see it as a 3rd standard option: Frameset/Groupset Build (pictured below)/Full Build

It also makes getting a new bike a lower financial hurdle than either buying a frame and having to pay aftermarket prices for the components, or buying a complete bike with some components I'll just end up taking off.

Example, if I buy a Shiv it comes with a $175 saddle I don't want, and $250 of crappy wheels/tires when I plan to use what I already own. That's $425 of stuff I'm forced to pay for every time I get a new bike.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GreenPlease wrote:
Nope :) There's a better way.

Care to share please? :D
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Titanflexr wrote:
JimmySeear wrote:
I understand what you are getting at.

We have had customers order bike with no wheels or saddle before. We can easily do that.

Are you saying you would want us to advertise the fact we an do this? It's even less work for us so I won't complain at all.

I can see it as a 3rd standard option: Frameset/Groupset Build (pictured below)/Full Build

It also makes getting a new bike a lower financial hurdle than either buying a frame and having to pay aftermarket prices for the components, or buying a complete bike with some components I'll just end up taking off.

Example, if I buy a Shiv it comes with a $175 saddle I don't want, and $250 of crappy wheels/tires when I plan to use what I already own. That's $425 of stuff I'm forced to pay for every time I get a new bike.

This makes sense to me as well! It is funny to look at the fact that no road bike comes with pedals but the pedals are a personal decision just as much as say the saddle or wheels. It will take a lot of programming but I will bring this up at our meeting post Kona and see how we can add this feature to our website bike builder.

If you did want to order a bike and you did not want those parts we can easily take them out for you. It's just not included on the website at this point of time.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

Treat this as an n=1 idea for consideration, nada mas. I know it's easy to throw ideas out there, and most either don't fit strategy, or don't clear the hurdle of implementation friction.

I think it's hard for bikes created based on an LBS model to leave these things off. It also helps that (for now) Ventums are not the first bike someone is likely to have owned.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are the Ventum Bikes available in any bike shops yet?
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [swim_corey_run] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
swim_corey_run wrote:

https://ventumracing.com/dealers/

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not saying $5K is budget. However, from my observation, triathlon is a sport not unlike rowing (collegiate sport where people think they yell 'row-row'). Most of the people went to well known collages and typically came from good families and are now doctors, lawyers, engineers, where $100K is actually not that much for income.

Heck, most of the MD's I've come across have tax bills bigger than $100K.

Nothing wrong with any of this. Just saying, CONTEXT is most important when looking at particular sport, the demographics and what is 'affordable'.

Go give a reference point, back in the 90's, it cost $5-6K for a single shell (rowing boat) and oars to get into the sport. And that did not include rack fees and insurance.

That all said, for more those with less discretionary money, an older aluminum P3 with older Zipp wheels is crazy fast and will not slow you down! Don't try to keep up with the Joneses, you never know if they: 1) aren't paying for the equipment, 2) have more $ than Rockefeller (no joke), 3) are living beyond there means.

Sorry if this got off topic. Not properly putting things in the right context is often the source of confusion.

jrielley wrote:
Man I just cannot get over all of these threads saying $4-5k is a "budget" bike. I guess if the average income for triathletes really is $100k that might not be bad. But for me, as a teacher with a working wife, spending that amount on a damn bike seems insane! I would LOVE to drop that on something but damn this stuff is getting a bit out of hand. It is sad for me to say but no wonder why race entries and such are dropping...things are too damn expensive!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes i would be interested in that model also (no saddle or wheels) and price options!!!

Thanks for listening to us!!!!

Follow me on Twitter @CK21TRHC
I use what I love: ISM, Blue70, Trek, FLO
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
swim_corey_run wrote:

We have a growing list of global shops where you can purchase a Ventum. If you would like to see a Ventum in your local shop please get in contact.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you all based out of Miami? my wife's family is from fort lauderdale so when we visit, i would love to meet you for beers

Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are based in Miami. When you're down this way let me know.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:)

GreenPlease wrote:
Nope :) There's a better way.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is the 105 crank an 11 spd or any of these (5650, 5750, 5800)? And are there any ways to get the specs on this bike Jimmy?
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [ericM40-44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ordered some gear from Ventum and a shirt was too small, so they shipped out a replacement same day no questions asked. Excellent company to deal with and their Kona contingent looked awesome!

"I would definitely smell her seat after a century ride"
Rappstar wrote:
That might be the post of the year right there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We build the Z with an 11 speed 5800 crank.

Spec Frame/Paint Ventum One Fork 3T Funda Team Carbon Handlebars Ventum Carbon Integrated Aero Bars Stem Ventum Carbon Integrated Stem Top Cap Fairing No fairing Seat Post Ventum Aero Di2 seatpost Aerobar Bolt Kit Headseat Integrated Sealed Bearings1-1/8"x 1-1/8" Spare Hanger Seatpost clamp Front brake Shimano direct mount BR561 Water bottle Kit Ventum 1.4lt Magnet kit Ventum Saddle ISM PL 1.1 Bottom Bracket Wheels Manufacturing BB30 to 24 Pulley System Headset Spacers Shimano Carbon Sapcers Brake shifters Ultegra Brake shifters Crankset Shimano FC 5800 Rear brakes TRP T851 Front derailleur Ultegra front derailleur Rear derailleur Ultegra rear derailleur Cassette Shimano 105 - 11-25 Chain CN-HG701-11 Bar end shifters Shimano SW-R671 Junction A INTERNAL JUNCTION BOX FOR ULTEGRA DI2 Junction B JUNCTION-A, SM-EW90-B, DURA-ACE Di2 Battery Shimano Internal Battery Battery charger Shimano Di2 charger 350mm Cable 350mm Cable 800mm cable 800mm cable 950mm cable 950mm cable 1200mm cable 1200mm cable Bar Tape Shimano Smart Silicone Inner tubes Vittoria Ultralite Presta RVC 51mm Tires Vittorua Rubino III 23­622l black* Wheels Training wheels TBD

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Re: The Ventum Z bike - $5499 [shivermetimbers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shivermetimbers wrote:
I ordered some gear from Ventum and a shirt was too small, so they shipped out a replacement same day no questions asked. Excellent company to deal with and their Kona contingent looked awesome!

Thank you for your feedback. If there is anything else we can help with please let us know.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
We would love to offer that option and love the feedback we have be receiving from ST community. We are listening and adjusting what we do off what is discussed on here. Thank you to everyone.

I appreciate how you deal with criticism gracefully. It takes restraint not to blow back and cause more angst.

'It never gets easier, you just get crazier.'
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have to tell you definitely love the trade in thing you all have going on. Is there an end date in sight?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Ventum trade in offer will exist for the foreseeable future, as far as I know.

CodyBeals.com | Instagram | TikTok
ASICS | Ventum | Martin's | HED | VARLO | Shimano | 4iiii | Keystone Communications
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ck21trhc wrote:
I have to tell you definitely love the trade in thing you all have going on. Is there an end date in sight?

The trade up program is here to stay. You can even trade in multiple bikes at one time.

JImmy Seear
Co-Founder Ventum
Quote Reply

Prev Next