Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Wahoo: New Speed & Cadence Sensors Review?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone tried out the new speed and cadence sensors from Wahoo?
http://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/speed-and-cadence-sensors-bundle

The reviews seem mixed with the speed sensor, many users talking about a delay in the speed readings. I am looking to use this with TrainerRoad and virtual power, so a delay in the speed reading is a major concern for my primary use. I may end up just getting the older Wahoo Blue SC if results are mixed.

Let me know what you've experienced.
Last edited by: Ellsworth53T: Sep 3, 16 12:16
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo: New Speed & Cadence Sensors Review? [Ellsworth53T] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you want both speed and cadence anyway, why not the BlueSC? I'm a huge fan of Wahoo, they make some quality products and have great customer support.

After having the TICKR X for a year, I received a BlueSC as a gift. Unfortunately the cadence part of the sensor wasn't working (no audible click), support had me try a bunch of things and in the end they just sent me a new unit without returning the dud one.

I've had no problems with the BlueSC on the road connected to a Suunto watch and paired with TrainerRoad/Zwift through Mac/iPad. Only the other day it wouldn't connect to my Mac but I believe it was already paired with another device.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DC rainmaker has a review. Ways check him first.

Seems like drops may be because of attaching via the wrong protocol.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo: New Speed & Cadence Sensors Review? [copperman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He has not reviewed the new magnetless sensors. You are looking at the Blue SC.
Last edited by: Ellsworth53T: Sep 3, 16 12:15
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo: New Speed & Cadence Sensors Review? [jepickup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was planning to buy the Blue SC but I saw the new magnetless sensors when I went to buy.

This would allow me to attach the cadence sensor to my shoe + speed sensor to a rear hub trainer wheel. I could then move the wheel between bikes for use with trainerroad+virtual power and the virtual power numbers would be the same-- there's no variable of magnet placement on the wheel + crank arm.

The Blue SC works like my current Ant+ sensor: if I want to switch bikes, I have to do an ftp test to effectively calibrate the virtual power numbers to my ftp.
Last edited by: Ellsworth53T: Sep 3, 16 12:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you end up buying it? I came across this today as I was looking for a similar way of connecting to trainerroad
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo: New Speed & Cadence Sensors Review? [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ended up going with the Blue SC.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How has it bring working? Any lag? Are you using trainerroad with it? I saw that they recommend it, but they also have pics of the Garmin speed/cadence sensor as well.
Quote Reply
Re: Wahoo: New Speed & Cadence Sensors Review? [jeremyebrock] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I decided to take a gamble and get the new model RPM Speed + Cadence. So far it's great. Immediately sync'd to the trainerroad app, and granted I've only used it once on the trainer but there were no dropouts and it seemed to read consistently with very little lag. This is my first time using "power" and since this is trainerroad "virtual power" feature, I don't have anything to compare to, but I have zero complaints.

Depending on rear hub size, the speed sensor might be a bit of a tight fit, as the rubber housing that it lives in has pretty short straps. But it went on no problem. The cadence sensor comes with either a rubber housing with zip ties (for your shoes?) or double-sided tape, which I used to stick to my crank arm. No problem so far, and it also seemed like it read fairly consistently. Maybe there were a few instances where it jumped around but I don't really care about this, it's more than decent in my view.
Quote Reply