Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:
Another happy user of DZ Nuts.

+1. Won't use anything else.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [jharris] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jharris wrote:
What kind of chamois cream do you use? I have used chamois butter, although I forgot mine and a friend let me use his. His was button hole brand. The button hole brand seemed to work better. I'm going to order some new cream and curious what your experience has been with other brands.

Ignore anybody that recommend Chamois Butt'r. Blue Rub is even worse.

DZ Nuts is really good. I can hardly believe Friction Zone by Brave Soldier hasn't been mentioned yet. You don't need much and it sticks to you really well........meaning that it's still there after the swim. Friction Zone is easily my favorite.

Lanacane anti chafing gel is pretty impressive for chamois cream and can be found at many drug stores. It's similar consistency to Friction Zone. If I forget to pack any, I'll look for this in a local drug store before I would even consider touching Chamois Butt'r.

Anything else has either been less than memorable or I haven't tried it.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jpk_phx wrote:
Sbradley11 wrote:

+1. Won't use anything else.

+1. plus it smells nice...even post ride...kinda

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [beercity] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beercity wrote:
jmh wrote:
Assos for training.

Nothing for racing.

Its well worth the 30 seconds in transition to shove a handfull of chamois cream down my shorts.

Train your taint move up a place or two.

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mad Alchemy
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [SMJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SMJ wrote:
walie wrote:
Assos

+1

+2
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [Bryan0721] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keep in mind that petroleum based materials break down Lycra and damage your chamois and shorts. They'll break down and wear out prematurely if you use Vaseline, Bag Balm, etc.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [bm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bm wrote:
Mad Alchemy

I can't believe it took until the second page.
While I find that others may have more "staying power" the thickness of their product almost makes them sticky.
For me, it's less about my sit-bone to chamois relationship and more about the "junk to leg" interaction.

MadAlchemy is super-slick, Smells incredible and with multiple varieties if you like tingle etc.
Their embro is top-notch as well.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [NealH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NealH wrote:
I do find it more difficult to wash out however, I typically wash my cycling clothes on the delicate cycle. Once in awhile I run them on the causal cycle and they come out dead clean.
I wash all of my workout stuff in mesh nylon bags.
These ones:

https://www.amazon.com/...ds=ikea+laundry+bags

work great. The bags help prevent damage to the clothes. Cold wash, hang to dry. I soak them for a few hours in diluted vinegar and a bit of detergent before a wash every month or so to really clean them and kill any bacteria.
Last edited by: hiro11: Aug 29, 16 20:03
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Switched to Performance Bike Cooling Chamois Cream (with menthol) after using Assos, Body Glide (and other creams) over the years. Surprisingly good and way cheaper.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [Titanflexr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1. Works perfectly, it's cheap, and gentle enough for a baby's bottom. You can also pick it up anywhere if you're traveling.

Titanflexr wrote:
Desitin Creamy (diaper rash creme).
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [elburrito99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
elburrito99 wrote:
+1. Works perfectly, it's cheap, and gentle enough for a baby's bottom. You can also pick it up anywhere if you're traveling.

Titanflexr wrote:
Desitin Creamy (diaper rash creme).

I've tried a few, assos etc but end up using bepanthen nappy/diaper cream. Cheaper and easy enough to get from any pharmacy in Europe. I stay very clear of creams with menthol.
Got a tube as a gift from my brother. I don't want to think about my younger brother when my genitals are tingling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Button hole
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hammer Nutrition's Seat Saver

#swimmingmatters
Laugh hard. Run fast. Be kind.
The Doctor (#12)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Noxzeema.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is my question, when do you put it on at the race? Before the swim or after? If after, is it still on when you get out of the water?
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [ironcode] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironcode wrote:
Here is my question, when do you put it on at the race? Before the swim or after? If after, is it still on when you get out of the water?

For races I apply Glide pre-swim where I'd normally apply Desitin or chamois cream on training rides. Glide isn't nearly as good each week for training rides , but it works well enough for 1 ride on race day and seems to last through the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aquaphor.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [hiro11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello hiro11 and All,

+1 Vaseline

I have used Assos (came with some shorts), Bag Balm (used to have a cow), and other stuff, but got lazy and cheap ..... Vaseline .... available everywhere ... comes in all sizes ... even very small tubes you can keep in a pocket ....

Also as you mention ..... less is more ..... 'just a little dab'll do you' .....

Sometimes on short rides I forget to put on anything and works fine if shorts are new and fit tight .... but older shorts that get baggy can be irritating without some lube.

I only worry about washing my shorts when they start to stink ...... a lot .....

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [jpk_phx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The only way is Assos creme. Tried others but always come back to Assos.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That Butt Stuff. Love it. Won it at a cross race, and I've been using it since.

Can't bring myself to support DZ. But I've tried DZ Nuts. It's a good product.
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mad Alchemy.
Used euro style butter for years till I tried MA.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Vote for DZ nuts brand. The instructions are hillarious too!
Quote Reply
Re: Chamois cream- what kind? [Sbradley11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sbradley11 wrote:

X2. Love that tingle!

For 70.3 I just Vaseline the saddle, as any pre-applied creme is gone when I get to T1. For IM I applied Vaseline to the saddle and dz nuts in t1. And t2, and run special needs for that matter. My junk was like a slip n slide.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply

Prev Next